• L&R: Front speakers
• C: Center speaker
Place it in the center of the two front speakers, possibly
on or below the TV set.
• LS&RS: Surround speakers
Place them directly to the side of or slightly behind the
listening area. Align them horizontally , preferably 0.6 to 1
meter above ear height.
Place it anywhere between the two front speakers.
•Do not place the left and right front speakers close to the
TV set, as doing so may cause picture noise.
• Sound output from the center and surround speakers is
only available when the surround ef fect (Dolby Surround
or DTS Surround etc.,) is activated with the appropriate
•To mount the front and surround speakers on the wall, see
“MOUNTING THE FRONT AND SURROUND
SPEAKERS”, page 8.
Connect the speakers.
• The black-colored cord goes to the 9 terminals and the
other cord goes to the 0 terminals.
• Connect the cords to the corresponding speakers. Hold
down the lever to insert the cord, then release.
• Connect the cord from the right front speaker to the
FRONT SPEAKERS R terminals, and the cord from the
left front speaker to the FRONT SPEAKERS L terminals.
• Connect the cord from the right surround speaker to the
SURROUND SPEAKERS RS terminals, and the cord
from the left surround speaker to the SURROUND
SPEAKERS LS terminals.
• Connect the cord from the center speaker to the CENTER
• Connect the cord from the subwoofer to the SUB
• Connect the speaker cords securely to the terminals.
Improper connection may cause a short circuit.
• When connecting the speakers that are not supplied,
confirm the speaker impedance and the speaker setting of
this unit (page 25).
3 Connect the supplied antennas.
Connect the FM antenna to the FM 75 Ω (COAXIAL) jack
and the AM antenna to the AM LOOP terminal.
4 Connect the power supply.
Plug in the AC power cord of this unit to a wall outlet.
• Do not leave objects generating magnetism, such as credit
cards, near the speakers, as the objects may be damaged.
• Do not bring the FM antenna near metal objects or curtain rails.
• Do not bring the AM antenna near other optional equipment,
the stereo system itself, the AC cord or speaker cords, since
noise will be picked up.
• Do not unwind the AM antenna wire.
cord to the
The black-colored cord goes to the