ASUS P5Q-E Series A-3
• The motherboard supports Intel
LGA775 processors with Hyper-
• Hyper-Threading Technology is supported under Windows
and Linux 2.4.x (kernel) and later versions only. Under Linux, use the
Hyper-Threading compiler to compile the code. If you are using any other
operating systems, disable the Hyper-Threading Technology item in the
BIOS to ensure system stability and performance.
• Installing Windows
XP Service Pack 1 or later version is recommended.
• Make sure to enable the Hyper-Threading Technology item in BIOS before
installing a supported operating system.
• For more information on Hyper-Threading Technology, visit www.intel.
Using the Hyper-Threading Technology
To use the Hyper-Threading Technology:
1. Install an Intel
CPU that supports Hyper-Threading Technology.
2. Power up the system and enter the BIOS Setup. Under the
make sure that the item
is set to [Enabled].
The BIOS item appears only if you installed a CPU that supports Hyper-
3. Restart the computer.