OPERATION - General
The appliance is intended only for domestic use,
not for professional use.
2. Water-level indicator
4. Lid release lever
6. On/off switch with pilot light
9. Power cord and plug
10. Descaling filter Figure 1
OPERATION - Before use for the first time
When using the jug kettle for the first time boil three jugs of water, and dispose of the boiled water. This will
remove the last traces from the manufacturing process.
OPERATION - Boiling water
1. Turn the jug so that the spout faces away from you.
2. Press the button to open the lid.
3. Fill the jug with the required quantity of water (at least 0,5 litres, and a maximum of 1,7 litres). Never fill
the water boiler over the “max”. Otherwise the hot water can spatter out of the base.
Make sure that you do not spill any water on the base.
4. Release the button to open the lid.
5. Place the jug on the base, and insert the plug in the wall socket. Push down the on/off switch. The on/
off pilot light will illuminate.
6. The jug kettle is now switched on, and the water will now begin to heat. The jug kettle switches off
automatically a few seconds after the water has come to the boil. The on/off pilot light will now
7. Remove the jug from the base by the handle, and pour the water out.
Be carefull you do not contact the hot water. It can cause serious burning wounds.
8. When you wish to heat the water without it coming to the boil you can switch off the jug kettle at any
time you require.
9. Remove the plug from the wall socket when you have finished using the jug kettle..
OPERATION - Overheating safeguard
The jug kettle is fitted with an overheating safeguard. This will switch off the jug kettle if it is operated
without (sufficient) water. Allow the jug kettle to cool down for at least 10 minutes before using it again.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
• Remove the plug from the wall socket, and allow the appliance to cool.
• Clean the jug with a damp cloth. Never immerse the appliance in water. Never put the appliance in a
dishwasher. Make sure that the electrical connections do not become damp.