Thanks for buying a BISSELL multi-function water filtration vacuum
READ USER GUIDE FOR COMPLETE SAFETY AND USER INSTRUCTIONS.
DO NOT THROW THE APPLIANCE AWAY WITH THE NORMAL HOUSEHOLD WASTE AT THE END OF ITS LIFE, INSTEAD HAND IT IN AT AN OFFICIAL COLLECTION POINT FOR RECYCLING. BY DOING THIS YOU WILL HELP TO PRESERVE THE ENVIRONMENT.
NOTE OR HINT WHICH IS NOT ESSENTIAL BUT MAY IMPROVE USABILITY.
RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR INJURY.
Mark J. Bissell Chairman & CEO
Thanks again, from all of us at BISSELL.
My great-grandfather invented the floor sweeper in 1876. Today, BISSELL is a global leader in the design, manufacture, and service of high quality homecare products like your BISSELL multi-function water filtration vacuum.
Your BISSELL water filtration cleaner is well made, and we back it with a limited two year guarantee. We also stand behind it with a knowledgeable, dedicated Consumer Care department, so, should you ever have a problem, you’ll receive fast, considerate assistance.
We’re glad you purchased a BISSELL water filtration cleaner. Everything we know about floor care went into the design and construction of this complete, high-tech home cleaning system.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING YOUR DEEP CLEANER. When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should be observed, including the following.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR INJURY:
» Unplug from electrical socket when not in use and before cleaning, maintaining or servicing the appliance. » This appliance can be used by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved » Children shall not play with the appliance. » If the supply cable is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard. » Do not run appliance over cable. » Keep hair, loose clothing, fingers, and all parts of body away from openings and moving parts of the appliance and its accessories. » Use only the type and amount of liquids specified under the Operations section of this guide. » Do not leave appliance when plugged in. » Use indoors only. » Do not allow to be used as a toy. » Use only as described in the user guide. » Use only manufacturer’s recommended attachments. » This appliance is provided with double insulation. Use only identical replacement parts. » Do not use with damaged cable or plug. » Do not immerse in water or liquid. » If appliance is not working as it should, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into
water; do not attempt to operate it and have it repaired at an authorized service center. » Liquid must not be directed towards equipment containing electrical components. » Do not pull or carry by cable, use cable as a handle, close door on cable, or pull cable around sharp edges or corners. » Keep cable away from heated surfaces. » Do not unplug by pulling on cable. » To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cable. » Do not handle plug or appliance with wet hands. » Do not put any object into openings. » Do not use with any opening blocked; keep free of dust, lint, hair, and anything that may reduce air flow. » Turn off all controls before unplugging. » Use extra care when cleaning on stairs. » Do not use to pick up flammable or combustible liquids, such as petrol, or use in areas where they may be present. » Do not pick up toxic material (chlorine bleach, ammonia, drain cleaner, etc.) » Do not use appliance in an enclosed space filled with vapors given off by oil base paint, some mothproofing substances, flammable dust, or other explosive or toxic vapors. » Do not pick up hard or sharp objects such as glass, nails, screws, coins, etc. » Keep appliance on a level surface. » Do not carry appliance while in use. » Do not use without filters in place. » The appliance shall not be left unattended while it is connected to the supply mains » The appliance is not to be used if it has been dropped, if there are visible signs of damage or if it is leaking. » Keep the appliance out of reach of children when it is energized or cooling down.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE AND ELECTRIC SHOCK, USE INDOORS ONLY. USE ONLY BISSELL CLEANING PRODUCTS INTENDED FOR USE WITH THIS MACHINE.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE AND ELECTRIC SHOCK, ALWAYS INSTALL FLOAT BEFORE ANY WET PICK-UP OPERATION.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
FOR OPERATION ON A 220-240 VOLT A.C. 50/60 HZ POWER SUPPLY ONLY.
D o not plug in your cleaner until you have completely assembled it per the following instructions and are familiar with all instructions and operating procedures.
A-1 Water Filter Vacuum Mode 1 Top Lid 2 Collection Tank Handle 3 Collection Tank 4 Quick Release™ Hose Door 5 Cleaning Mode Selector 6 Wand Holder 7 Solution Hose 8 Solution Hose Hook-up 9 Grip 10 Wand 11 Carry Handle 12 Tool Caddy & Tools 13 Power Button 14 Post-Motor Filter Door 15 Power Cable
A-2 Wet Clean Mode
16 Spray Trigger 17 Grip 18 Carry Handle 19 Solution Tank 20 Wand Holder 21 Quick Release™ Cable Wrap 22 Solution Tank/ Measuring Cap 23 Power Button 24 Wet Clean Button 25 Post-Motor Filter Door 26 Top Lid 27 Collection Tank Handle 28 Quick Release™ Hose Door 29 Cleaning Mode Selector 30 Collection Tank 31 Solution Hose 32 Solution Hose Hook-Up
A-3 Cleaning Formulas Always use genuine BISSELL deep cleaning formulas. NonBISSELL cleaning formulas may harm the cleaner and will void the guarantee. 33 1.5 L 2X Wash & Protect Pet Stain & Odour Formula w/ Scotchgard™ Protection 34 1 L 2X Wash & Shine Hard Floor Cleaner
A-4 Cleaning Tools
A Product View
1. Attach hose to Quick Release™ hose door by inserting fitted end and turning clockwise until it locks into place. 2. Attach solution hose to cleaner by inserting into hook-up and turning clockwise until it locks into place. 3. Attach two wand pieces together by lining up button locks with holes and locking into place. Be sure wand piece with the storage bracket (see section B, figure 4) is the lower wand that will attach to tools. Attach assembled wand to grip using same technique. 4. Attach desired tool to lower wand and place storage bracket into wand holder. 5. Place tool caddy on back of cleaner for vacuuming or solution tank for wet cleaning.
35 TurboBrush Vacuum Tool with Air Flow Regulator 36 Multi-Surface Vacuum Tool 37 Deep Clean Carpet Washing Tool with Removable Nozzle 38 Quick Dry Hard Floor Tool with Washable Microfibre Mop Pad 39 Tool Caddy 40 Dusting Brush 41 Upholstery Tool 42 Wet and Dry Crevice Tool 43 Upholstery Deep Cleaning Tool 44 Drain Cleaner 45 Microfibre Mop Pads 46 Pre-Motor Filter 47 Post-Motor Filter 48 Tool Storage Bag
T o reduce the risk of fire and electric shock due to internal component damage, use only BISSELL cleaning formula intended for use with the deep cleaner. Non-BISSELL cleaning formula may harm the machine and void the guarantee.
C Operations Water filter vacuuming IMPORTANT: Your cleaner is a water filtration cleaner. NEVER use it in Filter Vac mode without clean tap water in the collection tank. You MUST fill the collection tank with clean tap water to the clean water fill line on the back of the collection tank for the cleaner to function properly. Vacuuming in Filter Vac mode without clean water in the collection tank may cause damage to the motor.
C-1 Getting ready
1. Open Quick Release hose door, turn cleaning mode selector to “FILTER VAC”, then close hose door.
5. Remove tool caddy from back of cleaner if in place. 6. Unscrew measuring cap from solution tank. Fill solution tank with hand hot tap water to fill line. Add one full measuring cap of BISSELL carpet cleaning formula then screw cap tightly back onto solution tank. IMPORTANT: Be sure to use BISSELL carpet cleaning formulas for carpet and upholstery when cleaning carpet, rugs and upholstery. 7. Place solution tank back in the cleaner. 8. Attach desired wet clean tool to end of wand (or directly to grip for smaller accessories). 9. Plug into a proper electrical socket and push power and wet clean buttons on.
NOTE: This product features Heatwave Technology™ to help maintain the temperature of the hand hot tap water 3. Fill collection tank with clean tap water to you put in it, providing constant heat as clean water fill line on back of tank and place you wet clean. The Heatwave Technology top lid back onto top of collection tank. automatically turns on when you turn the power on in Wet Clean mode. 4. Ensure tool caddy is in place. 2. Remove top lid from collection tank and set aside.
IMPORTANT: Never use cleaner in Filter Vac mode with Wet Clean solution tank in place C-3 Deep Clean Carpet Washing as this could cause damage to the solution 1. Place tool directly on carpet. Push spray tank. Always have the tool caddy in place in trigger to spray cleaning solution while pulling wand towards you. Filter Vac mode. 2. Keep nozzle of tool firmly against the 5. Attach desired vacuum tool to end carpet surface and continue to make slow of wand (or directly to grip for smaller forward and backward wet passes until accessories). no more dirt can be removed. 6. Plug into a proper electrical socket CAUTION: Do not overwet. and push power button on. 3. Release spray trigger and make slow 7. If cleaner loses suction, stop vacuuming forward and backward dry passes over the and check collection tank level, pre-motor same area to remove any residual water. filter and post-motor filter. If collection tank 4. Continue to clean entire carpet working is full, empty then fill collection tank with in one metre by one metre sections. clean water to clean water fill line on back of tank. If filters are dirty, clean following 5. If cleaner loses suction, stop wet cleaning directions in section D-2. and check collection tank as suction will shut off when float inside collection tank reaches 8. Refer to section D for machine care full level. Empty if full. instructions. 6. If cleaner stops spraying, turn off wet clean button immediately and check Wet cleaning solution tank level. Refill if empty.
C-2 Getting ready
1. Plan activities to give your carpets time to dry.
IMPORTANT: Never run in Wet Clean mode when the solution formula tank is empty or missing.
2. Thoroughly dry vacuum area to be cleaned.
7. Refer to section D for machine care instructions.
3. Plan your cleaning route to leave an exit path. It is best to begin cleaning in the corner farthest from your exit. 4. Open Quick Release hose door, turn cleaning mode selector to “WET CLEAN”, then close hose door.
Do not operate cleaner with damp or wet filters or without all filters in place.
a. Check manufacturer’s tag before cleaning. “W” or “WS” on the tag means you can use your cleaner. If the tag is coded with an “X” or an “S” (with a diagonal stripe through it), or says “Dry Clean Only”, do not proceed with wet cleaning. Do not use on velvet or silk. If manufacturer’s tag is missing or not coded, check with the furniture maker or the furniture dealer.
2. Remove tool caddy from back of cleaner if in place.
1. Important! If using to wet clean upholstery, check the upholstery tags before hand.
b. Check for colourfastness in an inconspicuous place.
1. Open Quick Release hose door, turn cleaning mode selector to “WET CLEAN”, then close hose door.
3. Unscrew measuring cap from solution tank. Fill solution tank with hand hot tap water to fill line. Add one full measuring cap of BISSELL hard floor cleaning formula then screw cap tightly back onto solution tank. IMPORTANT: Be sure to use BISSELL hard floor cleaning formula when cleaning sealed hard floor surfaces. 4. Place solution tank back in the cleaner.
c. If possible, check upholstery stuffing. Coloured stuffing may bleed through fabric when wet.
5. Attach Microfibre mop pad to quick dry hard floor tool by attaching ends to Velcro strips on top of tool.
d. Plan activities to allow upholstery time to dry.
NOTE: Be sure top of mop pad is positioned below brushes on hard floor tool.
e. Vacuum thoroughly.
6. Attach quick dry hard floor tool to end of the wand.
2. Refer to the “Getting Ready to Wet Clean”, section C-2. 3. Attach desired wet cleaning tool directly to grip. 4. Place tool directly on surface. Press spray trigger to spray cleaning solution while pulling tool towards you. 5. Keep nozzle of tool firmly against surface and continue to make slow forward and backward wet passes until no more dirt can be removed. Caution: Do not overwet. 6. Release spray trigger and make slow forward and backward passes over same area to remove any residual water. 7. Continue to clean entire surface. 8. If machine loses suction, stop wet cleaning and check collection tank level. Empty if full. 9. If machine stops spraying, turn off wet clean button immediately and check solution tank level. Refill if empty. 10. Refer to section D for machine care instructions.
C-4 Upholstery Cleaning
7. Plug into a proper electrical socket and push power and wet clean buttons on. 8. Place tool directly on the hard floor surface, resting on the pad. 9. Press spray trigger to moisten mop pad with cleaning solution. Caution: Do not oversaturate. 10. Move tool back and forth across floor; using solution, brushes and mop pad to clean. Press spray trigger as needed. 11. With spray trigger released, swivel tool forward and pull back across cleaned floor to remove any residual water. This will create the best suction and will help get the hard floor surface as dry as possible. 12. Continue to clean entire floor. 13. If cleaner loses suction, stop wet cleaning and check collection tank level. Empty if full. 14. If cleaner stops spraying, turn off wet clean button immediately and check solution tank level. Refill if empty. 15. When finished, be sure to remove Microfibre mop pad and clean by hand or machine wash as needed. Allow to dry completely before next use. 16. Refer to section D for machine care instructions.
Maintenance & Storage D-1 Machine care 1. Push power and wet clean buttons off. Unplug cleaner. 2. Open Quick Release™ hose door and remove collection tank by lifting straight up using tank handle. 3. Remove top lid from collection tank, rinse and air dry. 4. Empty dirty water into a sink, toilet or outside by pouring dirt water out from corner of tank. Rinse inside of collection tank. 5. Remove cleaning mode selector by turning to “REMOVE” and pulling straight out. 6. Once cleaning mode selector is removed, remove water filtration tower by lifting up and rotating clockwise so front of tower is facing side of collection tank. Then pull up and out of collection tank. 7. Rinse collection tank, cleaning mode selector and water filtration tower. Allow to air dry completely before replacing water filtration tower and cleaning mode selector back into collection tank. a. To replace filtration tower back into collection tank, drop into top of collection tank and rotate counterclockwise so front of tower is facing front of collection tank. Be sure to align with tabs in bottom of collection tank. b. Once water filtration tower is replaced, replace cleaning mode selector by inserting back into front of cleaner. Make sure cleaning mode selector is in “REMOVE” position when inserting back into cleaner. Turn either clockwise to “FILTER VAC” or counter-clockwise to “WET CLEAN” to lock back in place. 8. For wet cleaning, remove all tools that were used and rinse with clean tap water. Allow to dry completely before storing. 9. The nozzle on the carpet deep cleaning tool can be removed for a more thorough clean. a. Using a Phillips head screwdriver, remove four screws from back side of tool. Separate clear front nozzle from back side of tool and rinse both parts clean with running tap water. Allow to air dry completely before reassembling.
b. To reassemble, place clear front nozzle on to back side of tool by mating cut out area at top of nozzle to black tool holder, located on front top of back side of tool. Press bottom of nozzle so four screw bossed insert into screw holes in back tool holder. Replace four screws on back side of tool. Note two long screws go into screw holes at bottom of tool near brushes. 10. Remove hose and solution hose, taking care to keep both ends of hose up to avoid spilling any residual water. Empty out any residual water in a sink water and rinse clean with running tap water. Allow to air dry completely before storing or placing back on cleaner.
D-2 Machine maintenance
1. Pre-motor filter: Remove from top lid by pulling tab away from separator and pulling straight out. Remove foam filter from separator and inspect. If dirty, rinse with clean tap water and allow to air dry completely before replacing back into separator. To attach separator back onto to top lid, line up “T” pieces under shallow grooves on top lid and push together until tab clicks together. 2. Post-Motor filter: Open filter door by pressing down on latch and pulling down. Once filter door is open, place one hand on each side of filter and pull it out of machine. If dirty, replace with new filter or rinse under clean tap water and allow to air dry completely before replacing back into machine. Be sure filter door is fully closed and latched prior to operating machine.
D-3 Machine storage
Water and cleaning formula can be left in solution tank for next use. 1. Pull Quick Release cable wrap to left to extend and wrap power cable. 2. Store unit in a protected, dry area, at room temperature (4° to 43° C).
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE AND ELECTRIC SHOCK, ALWAYS INSTALL FLOAT BEFORE ANY WET PICK-UP OPERATION.
This Guarantee only applies outside of the USA and Canada. It is provided by BISSELL International Trading Company BV (“BISSELL”). This Guarantee is provided by BISSELL. It gives you specific rights. It is offered as an additional benefit to your rights under law. You also have other rights under law which may vary from country to country. You can find out about your legal rights and remedies by contacting your local consumer advice service. Nothing in this Guarantee will replace or lessen any of your legal rights or remedies. If you need additional instruction regarding this Guarantee or have questions regarding what it may cover, please contact BISSELL Consumer Care or contact your local distributor. This Guarantee is given to the original purchaser of the product from new and is not transferable. You must be able to evidence the date of purchase in order to claim under this Guarantee.
Limited Two-Year Guarantee Subject to the *EXCEPTIONS AND EXCLUSIONS identified below, BISSELL will for two years from the date of purchase by the original purchaser repair or replace (with new or remanufactured components or products), at BISSELL’s option, free of charge, any defective or malfunctioning part or product. BISSELL recommends that the original packaging and evidence of the date of purchase be kept for the duration of the Guarantee period in case the need arises within the period to claim on the Guarantee. Keeping the original packaging will assist with any necessary re-packaging and transportation but is not a condition of the Guarantee. If for your product is replaced by BISSELL under this Guarantee, the new item will benefit from the remainder of the term of this Guarantee (calculated from the date of the original purchase). The period of this Guarantee shall not be extended whether or not your product is repaired or replaced. *EXCEPTIONS AND EXCLUSIONS FROM THE TERMS OF THE GUARANTEE
An unauthorised repair (or attempted repair) may void this Guarantee whether or not damage has been caused by that repair/attempt. Removing or tampering with the Product Rating Label on the product or rendering it illegible will void this Guarantee. SAVE AS SET OUT BELOW BISSELL AND ITS DISTRIBUTORS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT IS NOT FORESEEABLE OR FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSS OF BUSINESS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY, DISTRESS, INCONVENIENCE OR DISAPPOINTMENT. SAVE AS SET OUT BELOW BISSELL’S LIABILITY WILL NOT EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT. BISSELL DOES NOT EXCLUDE OR LIMIT IN ANY WAY ITS LIABILITY FOR (A) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY OUR NEGLIGENCE OR THE NEGLIGENCE OF OUR EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR SUBCONTRACTORS; (B) FRAUD OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION; (C) OR FOR ANY OTHER MATTER WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER LAW.
If your BISSELL product should require service or to claim under our Limited Two-Year Guarantee, please contact us as follows:
BISSELL International Trading Company B.V. Stadhouderskade 55 1072 AB Amsterdam The Netherlands
This Guarantee applies to products used for personal domestic use and not commercial or hire purposes. Consumable components such as filters, belts and mop pads, which must be replaced or serviced by the user from time to time, are not covered by this Guarantee. This Guarantee does not apply to any defect arising from fair wear and tear. Damage or malfunction caused by the user or any third party whether as a result of accident, negligence, abuse, neglect, or any other use not in accordance with the User Guide is not covered by this Guarantee.
Visit the BISSELL website: www.BISSELL.com When contacting BISSELL, have model number of cleaner available. Please record your Model Number: _____________ Please record your Purchase Date: _____________ NOTE: Please keep your original sales receipt. It provides proof of the date of purchase in the event of a Guarantee claim. See Guarantee for details.