5. CARE AND MAINTENANCE
• The buckle tongues 29 no longer engage (i.e. when you try to push them in,
they pop out again).
• The buckle tongues 29 engage without an audible click.
• The buckle tongues 29 are dicult to push in (you feel a certain amount of
• The harness buckle 04 only opens if extreme force is applied.
Remedy: Clean the harness buckle 04 so that it functions properly again with no
Cleaning the harness buckle
1. Remove the cover from the surface of the seat as described below under
"Removing the cover".
2. Rotate the crotch harness with the metal plate 24 which holds the harness
buckle 04 in the seat shell 18 by 90° in the longitudinal slot.
3. Slide the metal plate 24 through the harness slot 25 with the narrow edge
4. Soak the harness buckle 04 in warm water containing washing-up liquid for at
least an hour. Rinse the buckle thoroughly and dry it.
5. Slide the metal plate 24 fully into the longitudinal slot from the front.
6. Rotate the crotch harness with the metal plate 24 by 90° until it is hooked
into the harness slot 25 on the seat shell 18 perpendicular to the direction of
DANGER! Tug hard on the harness buckle 04 to make sure that it is secure in
the seat shell 17 .
7. Thread the harness buckle 04 through the crotch pad 23 on the cover and
then re-fasten the Velcro fastener and the cover.
Removing the cover
1. Put the seat shell 17 into its ﬂattest position.
2. Loosen the shoulder straps 09 and open the harness buckle 04 .
3. Slide the headrest 03 into the highest position.
4. First unhook the rubber loop 33 at the bottom edge of the headrest 03 , fol-
lowed by the hook 32 at the top edge, and remove the cover.
5. Slide the headrest 03 into the lowest position.
6. Open the press studs at the left and right on the back of the cover and thread
the shoulder straps 09 through the opening.
7. Open the Velcro fastener on the crotch pad 23 .
8. Unhook the rubber loops 33 and the plastic cards from the leg area.
9. Unhook the elastic seam of the cover from the bottom.
10. Pull the cover from the bottom over the adjustment button 13 by the adjust-
ment strap, over the harness buckle 04 and then over the headrest 03 by the
DANGER! The child safety seat must not be used without the seat cover.
Reattaching the cover:
Proceed in reverse order to put on the cover.
Caution: The harnesses must not be twisted and must be correctly positioned
in the harness slots.
Removing the shoulder pads
1. Rotate the seat shell 18 so it is facing backwards.
2. Loosen the shoulder straps 09 as far as possible.
3. Open the shoulder pads 08 at the Velcro fasteners at the side.
4. Open the operating instructions compartment 17 .
5. Pull the shoulder straps 09 out a little and unhook the underlying harness loops
on the shoulder pads 08 from the plastic ﬁns 30 of the height adjuster.
6. Pull the shoulder pads 08 forwards out of the harness slots.
Reattaching the shoulder pads:
Follow the steps for removing the pads in reverse order.
Caution: The shoulder pads 08 and the harnesses must not be twisted or
have their places changed over. The shoulder straps 09 must be located under
the black cover band in the shoulder pads 08 .
1. Press the rotation button 20 on the side of the
bottom section 19 , rotating the seat shell 18 90°
towards the vehicle door at the same time.
2. Now you can put your child in or take him or her
3. Secure your child in the seat (see Section 8. US-
ING THE CHILD SAFETY SEAT).
4. Rotate the seat shell 18 90° again so it is facing
either forwards or backwards, depending on the age
of your child, until it engages with a clicking sound.
5. Make sure that both indicators 27 are black. If
one of the indicators is red, the seat shell 18 is not
Caution: Before every journey, make sure that the
rotating seat shell 18 is fully engaged and both
indicators are black.
4. PUTTING THE CHILD IN/TAKING
THE CHILD OUT
Only use authentic BRITAX RÖMER seat covers. The seat cover is an integral part
of the child safety seat and is key to ensuring the trouble-free functionality of the
system. Replacement seat covers are available from your dealer.
• The cover can be removed and washed with a mild detergent on a washing
machine's delicates cycle (30 °C). Please observe the instructions on the wash-
ing label of the cover.
• The baby insert can be washed in the same way as the cover. Remove all foam
parts from the top and bottom sections before washing. These must not be
• The shoulder pads can be removed and washed in lukewarm soapy water.
• The plastic parts and the harnesses can be cleaned with soapy water. Do not
use any caustic cleaning agents (such as solvents).
Caring for the harness buckle
To ensure the safety of your child, it is absolutely essential that the harness buckle
04 continues to function correctly. Harness buckle 04 malfunctions are usually
caused by a build-up of soiling or by external objects:
• When you press the red release button, it takes a long time for the buckle
tongues 29 to be ejected.
Bottom section of shell
Operating instructions compartment
Shock bar adjustment handle
Tilt adjustment handle
ISOFIX insertion aids
Headrest release button
Support leg adjustment buttons
ISOFIX fastening points (vehicle)
ISOFIX locking arms
1. PRODUCT OVERVIEW
These instructions use the following symbols:
Symbol Keyword Explanation
DANGER! Risk of severe personal injury
WARNING! Risk of minor personal injury
CAUTION! Risk of material damage
TIP! Useful notes
3. USE IN THE VEHICLE
Please observe the instructions for using children's restraining systems in the
operating instructions of your vehicle. During use, be sure to observe any restric-
tions relating to airbags.
Please refer to the operating instructions for your vehicle for information about
vehicle seats which are certiﬁed for the use of children's restraining systems according
to ECE R16.
DUALFIX Z-LINE usage options:
Child safety seat
Vehicle seating position with ISOFIX
i-Size Not i-Size
See type list
You can use your child safety seat as follows:
Facing forwards (in the
direction of travel)
Facing backwards (against
the direction of travel)
With 2-point or 3-point
On seats featuring:
(Please observe the applicable regulations in force in your country)
Facing forwards (in the direction of travel) 76–105 cm/facing backwards (against the direction of
travel) 61–105 cm
Facing forwards (in the direction of travel) 76–105 cm: If there is a passenger airbag: Slide the pas-
senger seat well backwards and follow any relevant directions in your vehicle's operating instructions.
Facing backwards (against the direction of travel) 61–105 cm: Do not use on passenger seats with an
active front airbag!
We are pleased that you have chosen our
to accompany your child safely through a new stage of his or her life.
In order to protect your child correctly, the
must always be used and installed as described in these instructions.
is exclusively intended to secure your child in your vehicle.
Child safety seat
Tested and approved according
to ECE* R 129/02
Body size Body weight
61–105 cm ≤ 18 kg
*ECE = European Standard for Child Safety Equipment
The child safety seat has been designed, tested and approved according to
the requirements of the European Standard for Child Safety Equipment (ECE
R 129/02). The seal of approval "E" (in a circle) and the approval number are
located on the orange approval label (sticker on the child safety seat).
DANGER! This certiﬁcation will be invalidated if you make any modiﬁca-
tions to the child safety seat. Only the manufacturer is permitted
to make modiﬁcations to the child safety seat. Unauthorised
technical changes can cause the protective function of the
seat to be reduced or completely eliminated. Do not make any
technical changes to the child safety seat.
DANGER! Use the
exclusively for securing your child in
your vehicle. It is in no way suitable for use as a seat or toy in
≤ 18 kg
≤ 18 kg
+49 (0) 8221 3670 199
BRITAX Excelsior Limited
1 Churchill Way West
Hampshire SP10 3UW
+44 (0) 1264 386034
BRITAX Nordiska Barn AB
Jörgen Kocksgatan 4
SE-211 20 Malmö
BRITAX RÖMER Child Safety EMEA
61 - 105 cm
≤ 18 kg