11. USING THE BABY INSERT
6. SAFETY NOTES
Please take the time to read these instructions carefully and keep them
to hand in the intended operating instructions compartment
17 on the
child safety seat at all times. The instructions must be kept with the child
safety seat if the latter is passed on to a third party.
In order for the DUALFIX i-SIZE to protect your child correctly, it must al-
ways be installed and used exactly as described in these instructions. It is
possible that some of the child safety seat settings will lead to restrictions
when used in "i-Size" vehicle seat positions.
DANGER! For the protection of your child:
• In the event of an accident with a collision speed of more than 10km/h, the
child safety seat may be damaged without the damage becoming immediately
visible. In this case the child safety seat must be replaced. Please dispose of
• As a rule, have your child safety seat checked if it has been damaged (e.g. if it
falls on the ground).
• Regularly check all important parts for damage. Ensure that all mechanical
parts, in particular, are fully functional.
• Never lubricate or oil parts of the child safety seat.
Never leave your child unattended in the child safety seat in the vehicle.
• Only allow your child to enter and exit the vehicle on the pavement side.
• Protect the child safety seat from intensive direct sunlight when it is not in use.
The child safety seat can get very hot in direct sunshine. Children's skin is
sensitive and could be harmed as a result.
The more snugly the belt ﬁ ts over your child's body, the better they will be pro-
tected. Therefore, avoid putting thick clothes on your child under the belt.
• Take regular breaks on long journeys in order to give your child the opportu-
nity to run about and play.
• Use on the rear seat: Move the front seat far enough forwards to ensure that
your child's feet cannot hit the backrest of the front seat (to prevent the risk of
DANGER! For the protection of all vehicle occupants:
In the case of an emergency stop or an accident, unsecured persons or objects
may cause injury to other vehicle occupants. Please always check that ...
• no other load-bearing contact points are used other than those speciﬁ ed in
these instructions and marked out on the child safety seat.
• the backrests of the vehicle seats are locked (e.g. that a folding rear seat
bench latch is engaged).
• all heavy or sharp-edged objects in the vehicle (e.g. on the parcel shelf) are
• all persons in the vehicle have their seatbelts fastened.
• the child safety seat is always secured when it is in the vehicle, even if no child
is being transported.
WARNING! For your protection when handling the child seat:
• Never use the child safety seat free-standing, not even for test sitting.
To avoid damage, ensure that the child safety seat is not jammed in between
hard objects (vehicle door, seat rails, etc.).
Keep the child safety seat in a safe place when it is not in use. Do not place any
heavy objects on the seat and do not store it directly next to sources of heat or
in direct sunlight.
CAUTION! For the protection of your vehicle:
• Certain vehicle seat covers made from more sensitive materials (e.g. velour,
leather) may sustain signs of wear and tear when using child safety seats. For
optimum protection of your vehicle seat covers, we recommend using the
BRITAX RÖMER vehicle seat protector from our range of accessories.
1. If your vehicle is not ﬁ tted with ISOFIX insertion aids as standard, clamp
the two insertion aids 02 , which are included in the scope of delivery of
the seat*, with the opening pointing upwards, to the two ISOFIX fastening
points 01 of your vehicle.
TIP! The ISOFIX fastening points are located between the surface and the
backrest of the vehicle seat.
2. Move the headrest of the vehicle seat into the top position.
* The insertion aids facilitate the installation of the child safety seat with the use of the
ISOFIX fastening points and prevent damage to the vehicle seat covers. As long as they
are not used, remove them and keep them in a safe place. For vehicles with a folding
backrest, the insertion aids need to be removed before folding the backrest. Any prob-
lems occurring usually come from soiling or external objects on the insertion aids and
on the hook. Remove soiling or external objects to rectify such problems.
7. PREPARATORY WORK
8. INSTALLATION OF THE CHILD SAFETY
1. ADJUSTING THE SHOCK BAR
1.1 Place the child safety seat facing backwards
(in the direction of travel) on a vehicle seat
which has been approved for use.
1.2 Press the adjustment handle 14 on the shock
bar 10 down with one hand and use the other
hand to pull the shock bar 10 up at the same
time, until it unlocks.
1.3 Adjust the angle of the shock bar 10 to the
angle of your vehicle seat backrest so the
shock bar 10 engages with a clicking sound.
10. USING THE CHILD SAFETY SEAT
2. PREPARING THE ISOFIX
2.1 Pull the grey fabric loop 15 until the ISOFIX
locking arms 16 are fully extended.
2.2 Push the green safety button 06 and the red
release button 05 on both sides of the seat
towards each other. This ensures that both
hooks on the ISOFIX locking arms 16 are
open and ready to use.
3. FASTENING THE ISOFIX
3.1 Position the two ISOFIX locking arms 16
directly in front of the two insertion aids 02 .
3.2 Push both ISOFIX locking arms 16 into the
insertion aids 02 until the ISOFIX locking
arms 16 engage on both sides with a clicking
DANGER! The green safety button 06
must be visible on both sides so that the child
safety seat is correctly fastened.
4. PUSHING THE CHILD SAFETY SEAT ON
Push the child safety seat as far as possible
towards the vehicle seat backrest.
5. CHECKING THE FASTENING
Shake the child safety seat to ensure that it is
securely fastened and check the safety buttons
06 to make sure that the two indicators are fully
6. INSTALLING THE SUPPORT LEG
6.1 Pull the support leg 21 away from the back of
the child safety seat until you hear a click and
the support leg 21 is fully extended. The red
marking must not be visible any more.
6.2 Push both adjustment buttons 22 and pull
out the support leg 21 until it rests ﬁ rmly on
the ﬂ oor of the vehicle. The indicator on the
support leg 21 must be fully green and the
two adjustment buttons 22 must engage with
a clicking sound.
DANGER! The support leg 21 must never
be suspended in mid-air or supported by
other objects. Make sure that the support leg
21 does not lift the DUALFIX i-SIZE bottom
section 19 up from the surface of the vehicle
1. LOOSENING THE SHOULDER STRAPS
To loosen the shoulder straps, press the strap
adjustment button 11 and, at the same time, pull
both shoulder straps 09 forwards.
CAUTION! Do not pull the shoulder pads 08 .
2. OPENING THE HARNESS BUCKLE
To open the harness buckle 04 , press the red
button on the harness buckle.
5. ADJUSTING THE HEADREST
A correctly adjusted headrest 03 ensures optimum
protection for your child in the child safety seat:
The headrest 03 must be adjusted so that the
shoulder straps 09 are at the same level as your
child’s shoulders or slightly higher.
To adjust the headrest:
5.1 Loosen the harness (8.1).
5.2 Hold the release button 07 on the headrest
03 down and slide the headrest 03 until it is
at the correct shoulder strap height.
5.3 Check that the headrest 03 is properly en-
gaged by sliding the headrest 03 down a little.
3. POSITIONING A CHILD IN THE SEAT
Place your child in the child safety seat.
Make sure that the harness buckle 04 is folded
forwards and place your child in the child safety
DANGER! Only use the child safety seat fac-
ing backwards on the passenger seat if the front
airbag has been deactivated.
4. FITTING THE SHOULDER STRAPS
Lay the shoulder straps 09 over your child's
CAUTION! The shoulder straps 09 must not
be twisted or have their places changed over.
6. CLOSING THE HARNESS BUCKLE
Push the two buckle tongues 29
push them into the harness buckle 04
engage with a clicking sound.
7. TENSIONING THE ADJUSTMENT STRAP
Pull the adjustment strap 12 until the strap lies ﬂ at
and snug on your child’s body.
The hip belt must lie as low as pos-
sible over your child's hips.
1. Press the two adjustment buttons 22 on the support leg and push the bot-
tom part of the support leg into the top part until it is fully inserted. Release
the adjustment buttons to ﬁ x the support leg in the inserted position.
2. Loosen the ISOFIX fastening on both sides by pressing the green safety
button 06 and the red release button 05 towards each other.
3. Move the ISOFIX locking arms 16 back into the seat shell 18 .
TIP! The ISOFIX locking arms are protected against damage once they
are pushed back into the seat bottom.
DANGER! The child safety seat must always be secured when it is in the
vehicle, even if no child is being transported.
Please observe the waste disposal regulations in your country.
Disposal of packaging Container for cardboard boxes
Seat cover Residual waste, waste incineration
Plastic parts To be placed in the corresponding
container according to labelling
Metal parts Container for metals
Belt straps Container for polyester
Buckle and tongue Residual waste
12. ADJUSTING THE SEAT ANGLE
The seat shell of the
can be used in six di erent reclined posi-
tions facing either forwards or backwards:
To adjust the seat angle:
Pull the adjustment handle 13 forwards and push/
slide the seat shell 18 into the desired position.
DANGER! The seat shell 18 must engage
securely with a clicking sound regardless of its posi-
tion. Pull up on the seat shell 18 to ensure that it is
►The shoulder straps 09 must be adjusted so that
they run horizontally or just above your child’s
►The shoulder straps 09 are not allowed to run
behind your child’s back, or level with/above their
Before each car journey, in order to ensure your child’s safety,
make sure that ...
• the child safety seat is fastened in the ISOFIX fastening points
sides with the ISOFIX locking arms
and both ISOFIX indicators
• the child safety seat is securely fastened;
13. REMOVING THE CHILD SAFETY SEAT
01 The DUALFIX i-SIZE can be used:
1. From 40–105cm (≤ 18kg) facing backwards.
2. From 15 months up: 76–105cm (≤ 18kg) facing forwards.
To change the direction of travel, press the rotation
button 20 and turn the seat to the desired direction
until it engages.
When facing forwards, the cushioning plate 10 must
be in vertical position.
DANGER! Before making any car journey, ensure
that the rotating part of the child safety seat is fully
engaged by trying to rotate the child safety seat in
DANGER! Do not use the child safety seat facing
forwards if your child is under 76cm/15months old.
The baby insert must be used up to a maximum body size of 60cm.
Place the baby insert in the child safety seat and lay both shoulder straps 09
over the baby insert.
Hook the two plastic hooks into the loops on the cover of the headrest 03 .
Guide the harness buckle 04 and the crotch pad through the openings in the
bottom part of the baby insert.
CAUTION! Always make sure that your child is properly secured.
• the support leg
is resting ﬁ rmly on the ﬂ oor of the vehicle and the indica-
tor on the support leg
• the rotating seat shell
is fully engaged and both indicators are black;
• the harness of the child safety seat is ﬁ tted snugly to the child’s body with-
out being constricting;
• the shoulder straps
are correctly adjusted and the straps are not twisted;
• the shoulder pads
are in the correct position on your child’s body;
• the front airbag is deactivated if you are using the child safety seat facing
backwards on the passenger seat;
• the child safety seat is facing in the right direction for your child's age/size;
• the buckle tongues
are fastened into the harness buckle
CAUTION! If your child tries to open the ISOFIX release buttons
the harness buckle
, stop immediately as soon as possible. Check
whether the child safety seat is correctly fastened and ensure that your
child is correctly secured. Explain to your child the dangers associated
with their actions.
9. CHANGING THE DIRECTION OF TRAVEL