ISOFIX locking arms
Operating instructions compartment
Adjusting ring of the headrest
Tilt adjustment lever
ISOFIX insertion aids
ISOFIX fastening points (car) Top tether
1. PRODUCT OVERVIEW
These instructions use the following symbols stated below:
Symbol Keyword Explanation
DANGER! Risk of severe personal injury
WARNUNG! Risk of minor personal injury
CAUTION! Risk of material damage
TIP: Useful notes
3. USE IN THE VEHICLE
Please observe the instructions for using children's restraining systems in the
operating instructions of your vehicle. During use, be sure to observe any restric-
tions relating to airbags.
Please refer to the operating instructions for your vehicle for information about
vehicle seats which are certiﬁed for the use of children's restraining systems according
to ECE R16.
TRIFIX² i-SIZE usage options:
child safety seat
Vehicle seat position with ISOFIX and
i-Size Not i-Size
You can use your child safety seat as follows:
In the direction of travel Yes 1)
Against the direction of
On seats featuring:
ISOFIX fastenings (be-
tween the seat surface
and backrest) and top
tether anchoring points
(e.g. on the loading area,
on the ﬂoor or behind the
(Please observe the applicable regulations in force in your country)
1) Using the seat in a backwards-facing car seat (e.g. in a van or minibus) is only permitted if
the car seat is also approved for transporting adults. The seat may not be in the area of eect
of an airbag.
2) If there is a passenger airbag: Slide the passenger seat well backwards and follow any
relevant directions in your vehicle's operating instructions.
We are pleased that you have chosen our
to accompany your child safely through a new stage of his or her life.
In order to protect your child correctly, the
must always be used and installed as described in these instructions.
is exclusively intended to secure your baby
in your vehicle.
child safety seat
Tested and approved according to
ECE* R 129/02
Body size Body weight
76–105 cm NJ
*ECE = European Standard for Child Safety Equipment
The child safety seat has been designed, tested and approved according to
the requirements of the European Standard for Child Safety Equipment (ECE
R 129/02). The seal of approval "E" (in a circle) and the approval number are
located on the orange approval label (sticker on the child safety seat).
DANGER! This certiﬁcation will be invalidated if you make any modiﬁca-
tions to the child safety seat. Only the manufacturer is permitted
to make modiﬁcations to the child safety seat. Unauthorised
technical changes can cause the protective function of the
seat to be reduced or completely eliminated. Do not make any
technical changes to the child safety seat.
DANGER! Use the
exclusively for securing your child in your
vehicle. It is in no way suitable for use as a seat or toy in the
4. CARE AND MAINTENANCE
Please only use authentic BRITAX RÖMER replacement seat covers. The
seat cover is an integral part of the child safety seat and is key to ensuring the
trouble-free functionality of the system. Replacement seat covers are available
from your dealer.
• The cover can be removed and washed with a mild detergent in the
delicates programme of the washing machine (30°C). Please observe the
instructions on the washing label of the cover.
• The shoulder pads can be removed and washed in luke-warm soapy
• The plastic parts and the harness can be cleaned with soapy water. Do not
use any caustic cleaning agents (such as solvents).
Care for the harness buckle
To ensure the safety of your child, it is absolutely essential that the harness
buckle continues to function correctly. Harness buckle malfunctions are usu-
ally caused by a build-up of soiling or by external objects:
• When you press the red release button, it takes a long time for the buckle
tongues to be ejected.
• The buckle tongues no longer engage (i.e. when you try to push them in,
they pop out again).
• The buckle tongues engage without an audible "click".
• The buckle tongues are dicult to push in (you feel a certain amount of
• The buckle can only be opened by applying extreme force.
Remedy: Clean the harness buckle so that it functions properly again with no
Cleaning the harness buckle
1. Open the harness buckle 04 (press the red release button).
2. Unhook the elastic seam of the cover from the bottom edge of the seat
shell 17 .
3. Open the Velcro fastener on the crotch pad 18 and pull it over the harness
buckle 04 along with the cover.
4. Rotate the crotch harness with the metal plate 19 which holds the har-
ness buckle 04 in the seat shell 17 by 90° in the longitudinal slot.
5. Slide the metal plate 19 through the harness slot 20 with the narrow edge
6. Soak the buckle 04 in warm water containing washing-up liquid for at least
an hour. Rinse the buckle thoroughly and dry it.
7. Slide the metal plate 19 fully into the longitudinal slot from the front.
8. Rotate the crotch harness with the metal plate 19 by 90° until it is hooked
into the harness slot 20 on the seat shell 17 perpendicular to the direction
DANGER! Tug hard on the harness buckle 04 to make sure that it is
secure in the seat shell 17 .
9. Thread the harness buckle 04 through the crotch pad 18 on the cover
and then re-fasten the Velcro fastener and the cover.
Removing the cover
1. Push the tilt adjustment lever 11 upwards and slide back the seat shell 17
to upright position.
2. Loosen the shoulder straps 08 as far as possible.
3. Open the harness buckle 04 (press the red release button).
4. Open the Velcro fastener on the crotch pad 18 .
5. Slide the headrest 03 into the lowest position.
6. Pull o the cover of the headrest 03 .
7. Open the snap fasteners on the left and right of the rear part of the cover.
8. Turn over the rear part of the cover onto the seat surface.
9. Thread the shoulder straps 08 through the recesses in the cover. Unhook
the elastic seam of the cover from the bottom edge of the seat shell.
TIP: Start with the handles on the side and top of the seat shell.
10. Pull the cover up and over the border of the strap adjuster.
11. Unthread the harness buckle 04 and the strap end 09 from the cover.
12. Pull the cover upwards a little and then put it with the recess over the
headrest 03 .
DANGER! The child seat must not be used without the seat cover.
Reattaching the cover:
Proceed in reverse order to put on the cover.
Caution: The harnesses must not be twisted and must be correctly posi-
tioned in the harness slots.
Removing the shoulder pads
1. Loosen the shoulder straps 08 as far as possible.
2. Slide the headrest 03 into the second position from the top.
3. Fold up the bottom part of the headrest 03 upwards.
4. Open the shoulder pads 07 at the Velcro fasteners at the side.
Rear of the child safety seat
5. Open the operating instructions compartment 14 .
6. Pull out the shoulder straps 08 a little so that you can see the strap loops
of the shoulder pads 07 underneath.
7. Unhook the strap loops from the plastic fasteners 25 of the height ad-
8. Pull the shoulder pads 07 forwards out of the harness slots.
Re-attaching the shoulder pads:
Simply follow the steps above in reverse order.
Caution: The shoulder pads 07 or harnesses must not be twisted or
changed places. The shoulder straps 08 must be located under the black
cover band 21 in the shoulder pads 07 .
04 18 19 20