All factory-made connections have been rigorously tested
for gas leaks. However, shipping and handling may have
loosened a gas fitting.
AS A SAFETY PRECAUTION:
• Test all ﬁ ttings for leaks before using your gas grill.
• Test the cylinder valve for leaks each time the cylinder
is ﬁ lled.
• Test for leaks every time you connect a gas ﬁ tting.
• Do not smoke at any time while testing.
• Never test for leaks with a lit match or open ﬂ ame.
• Test for leaks outdoors.
TO TEST FOR LEAKS:
1. Extinguish any open flame
or cigarettes in the area.
2. Be sure that cylinder valve and
gas grill valves are “OFF.”
3. Connect LP gas cylinder. See “Hose and Regulator.”
4. Prepare a soap solution of one part water, one part liquid
5. With a full gas cylinder, open cylinder slowly.
6. Brush the soap solution on each connection.
7. A leak is identified by a flow of bubbles from the area of
8. If a leak is detected, close the gas cylinder “shut-off” valve,
tighten the connection and retest.
9. If the leak persists, contact your gas grill dealer for
assistance. Do not attempt to operate appliance if a leak
If your gas grill is equipped with a side burner or rear
1. Follow steps 1 - 5 above
2. Place fingertip over the opening in the orifice at the end
3. Turn “SIDE”/”REAR” control to “HIGH.”
4. Brush soap solution on each connection between orifice
and control valve.
5. Turn “SIDE”/”REAR” control to “OFF”.
Always keep venturi tubes clean. Blockages in the venturi
tubes caused by spiders, insects and nests can cause a
flashback fire. In fact, although the gas grill may still light, the
backed up gas can ignite and cause a fire around the venturi
tubes at the control panel or the side burner.
VENTURI TUBE SPIDER WEB TUBE BURNER
If a ﬂ ashback ﬁ re occurs, turn off gas at the source
Inspect and clean the venturi tubes (main burner, side
burner, rear burner) if any of the following symptoms
1. You smell gas.
2. Your gas grill does not reach temperature.
3. Your gas grill heats unevenly.
4. The burners make popping noises.
INSPECTING & CLEANING VENTURI
1. Turn off gas by closing the propane cylinder valve
2. When gas grill is cool, remove the burner fasteners and
the top portion of the collector box. Proceed to lift the
burners from the gas grill housing.
3. Clean the venturi tubes with a pipe cleaner or venturi
cleaning tool (Accessory #77310 or #18270).
4. Lower the burner into position in the gas grill housing,
making sure that the venturi tubes are correctly aligned
and fitted on the orifices.
5. Secure burners with burner fasteners.
6. Snap top portion of collector box back in place.
LEAK TESTING VENTURI TUBES