WeLcoMe! Rockbox is the new portable speaker series in town. Pair it with your phone or tablet via Bluetooth to bring your music to life or use it as a speakerphone to make hands-free calls. With its stellar sound, long battery life and smart design Rockbox is sure to steal your heart.
1. Meet Rockbox Curve a. Rockbox Curve overview Audio-in Previous song / - volume
Press to answer/end calls Pairing button
Next song / + volume
b. Push my buttons. Get to know the control buttons When connected via Bluetooth + Press short: next song Press long: volume up Press long until you hear the sound signal: maximum volume Press short: start of the song or pressed within the first 2 seconds of song: previous song Press long: volume down Pairing button Press short while playing a song: pause Press short while on pause: play Press long while playing a song: start pairing mode Press short while receiving a call: take call Press long while receiving a call: reject call Press short while answering a call: end call When connected via Cable No button control, your Rockbox Curve is automatically on maximum volume c) What´s blinking? Get to know the LEDs LED is blue and blinking fast Waiting for a Bluetooth connection LED is blue and blinking slow Connected via Bluetooth or audio cable LED is blue and solid Connected via the audio cable LED is orange Rockbox Curve is charging
2. Fuel up (charging) a. How to charge Plug the Rockbox Curve into an available USB port of your PC or Notebook with the supplied micro USB charging cable. While your Rockbox Curve is charging, the LED light will be orange.
b. How long to charge A full charge may takes around 1 hour. For maximum battery performance, always use the supplied micro USB charging cable and disconnect when the LED is not orange anymore. This means charging is complete.
3. Connect to your Rockbox Curve a. Connect wirelessly via Bluetooth Your Rockbox Curve can wirelessly play your music from any Bluetooth device such as Smartphones, Tablets, MP3 players, notebooks and PCs. Just follow the steps: 1. Prepare your Rockbox Curve for pairing Turn on your Rockbox Curve by switching the On/Off button. You will a short sound signal when it is ready to connect 2. Prepare your Bluetooth device for pairing by enabling Bluetooth iPhone, iPod or iPad 1. Go to “Settings” 2. Go to “General” 3. Enable Bluetooth Android phone or Tablet 1. Go to “Settings” 2. Go to “Bluetooth” 3. Enable Bluetooth Mac OS X 1. Click the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar in the upper-right of your display 2. Turn Bluetooth on Windows 7 1. Click the “Start button” 2. Click “Control Panel” 3. In the search box, type “Bluetooth” 4. Click “Change Bluetooth settings” 5. In the dialog box, click the “Options” tab 6. Select the check box for “Allow Bluetooth devices” to connect to this computer Windows 8 1. Move the mouse to the lower right so that several icons begin to appear 2. Move the mouse upward to reveal them 3. Click “Settings” 4. Click “Change PC Settings” 5. Click “PC and devices” 6. Under Bluetooth, turn Bluetooth on 3. Pair your Bluetooth device with your Rockbox Curve iPhone, iPod or iPad 1. After you have turned Bluetooth on, a list of all the discoverable devices appears 2. Tap the Rockbox Curve to connect to it 3. You will hear an audio signal when the connection is successful
Android phone or Tablet 1. Click “Search for devices” 2. Tap the Rockbox Curve to connect to it 3. You will hear an audio signal when the connection is successful Mac OS X 1. Click the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar in the upper-right of your display 2. Click “Set up Bluetooth Device” 3. Follow the instructions 4. You will hear an audio signal when the connection is successful Windows 7 1. Click the “Start button” 2. Click “Devices and Printers” 3. Click “Add a device” 4. Select the Rockbox Curve from the list of Bluetooth devices and follow the instruction 5. You will hear an audio signal from your Rockbox Curve when the connection is successful Windows 8 1. Move the mouse to the lower right so that several icons begin to appear 2. Move the mouse upward to reveal them 3. Click “Settings” 4. Click “Change PC Settings” 5. Click “PC and devices” 6. Click “Bluetooth” 7. Select the Rockbox Curve from the list of Bluetooth devices and follow the instruction 8. You will hear an audio signal from your Rockbox Curve when the connection is successful b. Connect via the audio cable No Bluetooth? Your Rockbox Curve also connects via 3.5mm stereo audio cable. 1. Take the supplied cable 2. Connect one end to your Rockbox Curve 3. Connect the other end to any device with a headphone jack or audio output
4. Make some noise! Play music with your Rockbox Curve Music selected on your connected device will automatically play on your Rockbox Curve. If you don’t hear music, ensure you are connected and that the volume is turned up. Control the music with your Bluetooth device Use your connected device (Smartphone, Tablet, notebook, PC) to skip tracks, pause, turn the volume up and down. Control the music using the buttons on the Rockbox Curve Check the button description under 1b to find out what you can do. Note While a device is connected to the speaker via the audio cable, it is not possible to connect a mobile device via Bluetooth simultaneously. To connect via Bluetooth the audio cable has to be unplugged first.
5. Hellos and how are yous. Calling with your Rockbox Curve When you are connected to your Rockbox Curve via Bluetooth, calls received are automatically transferred to your Rockbox Curve. The Rockbox Curve will work as a speakerphone. Taking calls Use your connected Smartphone to answer calls. Alternatively have a look at 1b and use the buttons on the Rockbox Curve to take, end or reject calls.
6. Troubleshooting I hear some distortions. What do I do? Lower the volume of the Rockbox Curve on your phone. Also make sure it is charged up. My Rockbox Curve lost the Bluetooth connection. What do I do? Move the Rockbox Curve closer to your Bluetooth device. Your Rockbox Curve will automatically reconnect if you are in range. I can´t pair my Bluetooth device with the Rockbox Curve. What do I do? We have tried to add explanations for as many devices as possible in this user guide. However, every Bluetooth device is different. Please check the user guide for your specific device.
7. Other things you might want to know Do I have to pair my Rockbox Curve with my Bluetooth device every time I want to use it? No, once paired with a device, Rockbox Curve will automatically reconnect when powered on. Of course, Bluetooth has to be enabled on your Bluetooth device as well. My Bluetooth device is asking for a PIN or Password to connect to Rockbox Curve. What do I do? When asked for a Pin or Password enter 0000 and confirm. Can I connect two Bluetooth devices at once? No, it is not possible for two Bluetooth devices to be connected at once. How can I get the best sound out of my Rockbox Curve? For best sound, make sure your Rockbox Curve is resting on solid ground.