Consumer Product Safety Guide
When used in the directed manner, this unit has been designed and manufactured to ensure your personal
safety. However, improper use can result in potential electrical shock or fire hazards. Please read all safety
and operating instructions carefully before installation and use, and keep these instructions handy for future
reference. Take special note of all warnings listed in these instructions and on the unit.
1. Water and Moisture – The unit should not be used near water. For example: near a bathtub, washbowl,
kitchen sink, laundry tub, swimming pool or in a wet basement.
2. Ventilation – The unit should be situated so that its location or position does not interfere with its proper
ventilation. For example, it should not be situated on a bed, sofa, rug or similar surface that may block
ventilation openings. Also, it should not be placed in a built-in installation, such as a bookcase or
cabinet, which may impede the flow of air through the ventilation openings.
3. Heat – The unit should be situated away from heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves or
other appliances (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
4. Power Sources – The unit should be connected to a power supply only of the type described in the
operating instructions or as marked on the appliance.
5. Power-Cable Protection – Power supply cables should be routed so that they are not likely to be
walked on or pinched by items placed upon or against them. It is always best to have a clear area
from where the cable exits the unit to where it is plugged into an AC socket.
6. Cleaning – The unit should be cleaned only using a warm damp cloth. Do not use solvents, etc.
7. Objects and Liquid Entry – Care should be taken so that objects do not fall and liquids are not spilled
into any openings or vents located on the product.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS