SECTION 7 - ROuTINE SERvICINg INSTRuCTIONS
where you will be able to download the relevant information.
WARNING. Always turn OFF the gas supply at the gas service cock, and switch OFF and disconnect the electricity supply to
the appliance before servicing.
Combustion testing must be carried out by a competent person using a combustion analyser conforming to BS7927.
serviced as necessary. The frequency of servicing will depend upon the installation condition and usage but should be carried out at
competent Gas Installer.
1. Light the boiler and carry out a pre-service check, noting any
undamaged and clear of any obstruction.
3. Check all water and gas joints for signs of leakage. Remake
any suspect joints ensuring a gas tightness check is carried
vented and re-pressurised.
Note. In order to carry out either servicing or replacement of
components the boiler upper and lower front panels must
be removed. Refer to Frame 7.2.
1. Clean the main burner. Refer to Frame 7.4.
Check the main injector for blockage or damage. Refer to
system is sealed correctly.
The cleaning procedures are covered more fully in Frames 7.3-7.7
and MUST be carried out in sequence.
5. After completing the servicing or exchange of components
always test for gas tightness.
6. When work is complete the front panels MUST be correctly
Do NOT OPERATE the boiler if the upper front
panel is not tted.
7. If, for any reason, the condensate trap/siphon has been
8. Check the gas consumption if on metered installations.
If the CO/CO
ratio is greater than 0.004 AND the integrity of
then contact Morco.
Flue Sampling Point
Ensure all caps and seals
are re-fitted after use
Please Note: During routine servicing, and after any maintenance
or change of part of the combustion circuit, the following must be
- The integrity of the boiler combustion circuit and the relevant seals
- The operational (working) gas inlet pressure at maximum rate.
Turn on one or more DHW taps.
- The combustion performance.
COMPETENCE TO CARRY OUT THE CHECK OF
Please Note: BS6798:2009Specicationforinstallationand
net advises that:
- The person carrying out a combustion measurement should have
the interpretation of the results.
requirements of BS7927 or BS-EN50379-3 and be calibrated in
accordance with the analyser manufacturers requirements, and
- Competence can be demonstrated, for example, by satisfactory
completion of the CPA1 ACS assessment (UK Only), which
covers the use of electronic portable combustion gas analysers in
accordance with BS7967, Parts 1 to 4.
To access the service mode:
Using the central heating potentiometer, starting from the 11 o’clock
position, move the thumb piece to the maximum position, back to the
The letter “S” will now be displayed.
To toggle to maximum DHW output move the thumb piece up to
the 11 o’clock position and then back to maximum. A minimum of 3
seconds will reset the boiler back to normal mode.