it was after all sounds from your child that activated your parent unit, so you have not been alerted
unnecessarily! Distortion during transmission may thus be expected because units in the same area
normally use the same frequency.
This is not a problem when your PrimaNOVA is on standby: You will not be disturbed unless another
PrimaNOVA has been adjusted to identical codes and channels, in contrast to other baby monitors.
Also bear in mind that radio signals may be blocked in areas where there is radio noise or physical
barriers. Baby monitors work in a frequency range where there may be interference, and they may
occasionally fail even if there is nothing wrong with the units. This applies in particular if there are
many baby monitors within range of each other, or if there is another baby monitor between your units
or close to the parent unit. The range is significantly reduced when the batteries begin to be drained.
The guarantee is void in the following cases:
* The unit seals have been broken
* The units or adapters have been damaged
* The label with the serial number has been removed, damaged or rendered unreadable
* The product has been damaged because the instructions provided in the user manual have not been
The guarantee does not apply to the batteries, which are consumable goods. If you wish to lodge
a complaint about the product, a copy of the receipt must be attached. The guarantee is valid for
1 year from the date you purchased your unit. Both units must be sent for repair. Once they have
been sent in, a decision will be made as to whether to repair or replace them. It is important to
supply the most complete description of the defect. Please avoid descriptions like "does not work",
"only works intermittently" or similar. If the description is incomplete or a complaint is lodged
for a unit that has no defects, a fee may be charged to cover unnecessary additional
expenses. In general all defects are repaired, but if the description is incomplete or unclear, the
repairman may be unable to locate the defect. A complete description of the defect will tell the
repairman what must be repaired even if the defect cannot be reproduced in the workshop.
Please remember to state:
* The distance between the units.
* Whether the defect occurs on battery power or power from the mains.
* Whether the channel indicator is illuminated constantly in the baby unit when the child cries.
* Does the defect occur after the unit has been on for some time – how long?
* If the defect is intermittent – how often?
If you supply a complete description of the defect you are ensured the best service and you will be
just as happy with your NOVA quality product as thousands of others in Europe.