Omega BL330 series manual:Layout 1 4/2/12 10:13 AM Page 4
IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
14. Screw on locking ring firmly. Injury can result if moving blades accidentally become exposed.
1. Read all the instructions before using the blender.
15. Always operate blender with lid in place.
4. Do not use an adapter.
16. When blending hot liquids, place a hand towel over the cover. Do not fill blender container beyond 2-3 full. Always begin processing at the lowest speed setting. Keep hands, arms and face away from the feeder cup opening to prevent possible burns.
5. Do not use an extension cord.
17. Do not use outdoors.
6. To protect against risk of electrical shock, do not put the blender in water or other liquid.
18. Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
2. Plug into a grounded outlet. 3. Do not remove ground.
7. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used near children. 8. Unplug from outlet when not in use, before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning. 9. Avoid contact with moving parts, especially blades. 10. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions, or is dropped or damaged in any manner. Return appliance to the nearest authorized service facility for examination /repair /electrical or mechanical adjustment, or contact your Omega Distributor. 11. Caution: Keep hands and utensils out of container while blending to reduce the risk of severe injury to persons or damage to the b l e n d e r. I f s c r a p i n g , f o l d i n g , e t c . i s necessary, turn off and unplug the blender, and use a rubber spatula only. 12. Warning: Blades are sharp. Handle carefully. 13. To reduce the personal injury, never place cutting blades on base without jar properly attached.
19. Do not leave blender unattended while it is operating. 20.The use of attachments not a p p r o v e d by Omega may cause injuries. 21. The capacity can be substantially less than normal with thick mixtures. 22. Inspect the container assembly daily. Do not use a broken, chipped or cracked container. Check cutter for wear, nicks or broken blades. 23. This appliance is intended for short period of operation, with a average rated operating time of approximately 3 minutes.
Omega BL330 series manual:Layout 1 4/2/12 10:13 AM Page 5
BLENDER OPERATION To operate the blender, proceed as follows 1.For the first time user, wash the container assembly, including the lid, before using it. (Refer to "Cleaning Instruction") Do not put the container assembly & blender base assembly in the dishwasher. 2.Place the blender on a dry, clean, level surface, and press OFF. 3.Place the container onto the motor base. Make sure it rests securely on the base. 4.Plug the blender into an electric outlet. 5.Place the ingredients into the container. 4.Place the lid and feeder cap tightly on the container. 7.Select desired speed and time by rotating dials. 8.Press ON.
PROFESSIONAL BLENDER TIP 1.Processing hot liquid mAlways cover the lid and feeder cap before blending hot liquid or mixtures. mUse the feeder cap to add liquids to the container while the unit is running. mNever stand with your face directly over the container when you are putting ingredient through the feeder cap. 2.Blending Icy mixtures mSteps for blending ice: Pour in liquid, and then add ice. Place the lid. Set to desired speed Chunks of frozen fruit can be added to milk or fruit juice to produce a sherbet or slush. Use the feeder cap to add liquids or ingredients to the container while the unit is running.
Omega BL330 series manual:Layout 1 4/2/12 10:13 AM Page 6
CLEANING INSTRUCTION Blender container parts are corrosion resistant, sanitary and easily cleaned. Do not put the container assembly & blender base assembly in the dishwasher. 1.Before first use and after every use, separate container parts from the base. 2.Add cleaning solution to the container. Use washing solution of tepid water (less than 115°F/46°C) and a non-sudsing detergent. Use the recommended amount of detergent. 3.Scrub and flush out the container interior lid and feeder cap to remove food residue. Empty container. 4.Fill container 1 /4 full with fresh washing solution and place it on the base. 5.Replace the lid on the container and run the blender on high speed for 2 minutes. 6.Repeat step 4 using clean rinse water (95°F/35°C). 7.Wipe down the container, feeder cap, and lid with a soft cloth or sponge, dampened with fresh washing solution. 8.Wipe the exterior of the base with a damp cloth or sponge. The base contains electrical components: do not immerse, use a high-pressure washer, or use a dishwasher to clean the base.
CARING TIPS To care for your blender, please read the tips as follows: 1.Periodically check all parts before reassembly. As use of damaged or non-recommended parts could result in a severe personal injury and/or damage to the blender 2.Blades: If the processing blades are stuck or difficult to turn, DO NOT USE BLENDER (Check by carefully turning the blades in a counterclockwise direction, where the opposite edges are sharp. Blades should turn freely.) 3.Container: If the Eastman Tritan container is cracked, DO NOT USE BLENDER, further use could result in the container breakage during use. 4.Blender Base: Never immerse the blender base in water. Unplug unit. The housing can be cleaned with a damp cloth. 5.Motor: The motor is permanently lubricated and does not require any additional lubrication.
Omega BL330 series manual:Layout 1 4/2/12 10:14 AM Page 7
1. Blender fails to start.
3. Ingredients do not mix properly
Solution 1. Place container properly on the base 2. Check to ensure controls are clean and moving freely. 3. Double-check to ensure power cord is securely plugged into the electric outlet. 4. Check to see if the circuit breaker has tripped or if the fuse for the electric outlet has blown.
1. Unplug blender and wait 5 minutes. Plug the blender back in and resume operation.
1. Container is too full. 2. Cutter unit blades are not sharp enough or are damaged. 3. Solid pieces are bigger than 1" (25mm) cubes. 4. Check the speed to create a fluid blend. 5. Check to see if enough liquid has been added to the ingredients. Mixture should be fluid and free-running at all times.
Omega BL330 series manual:Layout 1 4/2/12 10:13 AM Page 1
Warranty 2 Year Parts & 90 Days On-Site Labor Warranty claims can be made by calling 800-633-3401 during normal business hours between 8:30am and 5:30pm Eastern, Monday thru Friday excluding Weekends and Holidays. Emergency warranty service claims can be made after hours, weekends and holidays by dialing 800-633-3401 and following the automated prompts. All claims must include: make, model number, serial number, proof of purchase (dated receipt), month and year of installation, authorized equipment dealer and all pertinent information supporting the claim prior to the issuance of a warranty claim number. At the time of a warranty claim, should on-site service be necessary, a service company will be dispatched by The Legacy Companies to the location to facilitate repairs covering labor, parts (premium or overtime service is not included) and appropriate travel (not to exceed 2 hours or 100 miles round trip). If during the warranty event the on-site technician determines the issue to be the result of improper installation, misuse, abuse, or requires adjustments and/or calibration, the end user will become responsible for any charges brought forth by the service company. Should on-site service not be authorized as an option for your product, an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) may be issued. The issuance of an RMA requires the end user provide adequate packaging and shipping including the cost of freight to The Legacy Companies Service Center for disposition. Should a replacement unit be necessary, it will be at the sole discretion of TLC Management and a new or refurbished unit will be provided. The cost to repair or replace the item including the cost to ship the unit back to the end user will be covered as a part of the warranty.