- 216 -
• This is the noise of the Dust Reduction Function working (P197); it is not a malfunction.
• It is a sound of lens movement or aperture operation when the power is turned [ON] or [OFF],
and it is not a malfunction.
• You may hear a sound from the lens and image in the LCD monitor may suddenly change when
the brightness has changed by zoom operation or moving the camera, but there is no effect on
The sound is caused by the automatic adjustment of the aperture. This is not a malfunction.
> Press [MENU/SET], select the [SETUP] menu icon [ ] and then select the [~] icon to set
the desired language. (P65)
• This is a highlight function showing the white saturated area. (P142)
• Is the [HIGHLIGHT] set to [ON]?
• In dark places, the AF Assist Lamp (P144) lights red to make it easier to focus on a subject.
• Is [AF ASSIST LAMP] on the [CUSTOM] menu set to [ON]? (P144)
• The AF Assist Lamp does not turn on in bright places.
• The surface of the camera may become warm during use. This does not affect the performance
or quality of the camera.
• If you do not use the camera for a long time, the clock may be reset.
> [PLEASE SET THE CLOCK] message will be displayed; please re-set the clock. When
taking pictures, it will not be possible to record the correct date without setting the clock.
The camera makes a noise when turned [ON].
There is a sound from lens unit.
An unreadable language was selected by mistake.
Part of the picture is flashing in black and white.
A red lamp sometimes turns on when the shutter button is pressed halfway.
The AF Assist Lamp does not turn on.
The camera becomes warm.
The clock is reset.