When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always
be followed, including the following:
1. Read all instructions before using.
2. Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
3. To protect against electric shock, do not immerse cord or plugs in
water or other liquid.
4. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used near
children. This appliance is not to be used by children.
5. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to
cool before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning the
6. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after
the appliance malfunctions, or has been damaged in any manner.
Return appliance to Rival
(see warranty) for examination, repair, or
7. The use of accessory attachments not recommended by Rival
8. Do not use outdoors.
9. Do not let cord hang over the edge of counter, or touch hot surfaces.
10. Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated
11. Extreme caution must be used when moving fondue containing
hot oil or other hot liquids.
12. Always attach plug to appliance first, then plug cord in the wall
outlet. To disconnect, turn control to OFF, then remove plug from
13. Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
14. Be sure handles are properly assembled to bowl and locked in place.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
This appliance is for HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY. No user-serviceable parts inside.
Power Unit never needs lubrication. Do not attempt to service this product. A
short power supply cord is provided to reduce the risk resulting from becoming
entangled in or tripping over a longer cord. An extension cord may be used with
care. However, the marked electrical rating of the extension cord should be at
least as great as the electrical rating of the fondue. The extension cord should
not be allowed to drape over the counter or tabletop where it can be pulled on
by children or tripped over unintentionally.
Use only model MDTCP-1 Temperature Control Probe.
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than
the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug
is intended to fit into a polarized outlet only one way.
If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the
plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician.
Do not attempt to modify the plug in any way. If the plug fits loosely
into the AC outlet or if the AC outlet feels warm do not use that outlet.
Congratulations on the purchase of your New Rival
Fondue. This Fondue is
equipped with the exclusive Rival
Power Cord System, which
includes a detachable magnetic cord designed to separate from the unit when
certain amounts of force are applied. (See details on pg. 4-5 for instructions on
the proper usage of the detachable magnetic cord.)
Note: This cord meets revised Underwriter’s Laboratories (UL) Standard 1083
requirements effective May 30, 2001.