Rotating Gobo-wheel Colorwheel
Fig. 10 Fig. 11
This troubleshooting guide is meant to help solve simple problems.
If a problem occurs, carry out the steps below in sequence until a solution is found. Once the unit
operates properly, do not carry out following steps.
If the light effect does not operate properly, refer servicing to a technician.
Response: Suspect four potential problem areas as: factory reset, the power supply, the LED, the fuse.
1. First try to reset the device to its original factory default settings (Load Menu see page 16).
2. Power supply. Check that the unit is plugged into an appropriate power supply.
3. The LEDs. Return the Phantom to your Showtec dealer.
4. The fuse. Replace the fuse. See page 21 for replacing the fuse.
5. If all of the above appears to be O.K., plug the unit in again.
6. If you are unable to determine the cause of the problem, do not open the Phantom, as this may
damage the unit and the warranty will become void.
7. Return the device to your Showtec dealer.
No Response to DMX
Response: Suspect the DMX cable or connectors, a controller malfunction, a light effect DMX card
1. Check the DMX setting. Make sure that DMX addresses are correct.
2. Check the DMX cable: Unplug the unit; change the DMX cable; then reconnect to electrical power.
Try your DMX control again.
3. Determine whether the controller or light effect is at fault. Does the controller operate properly with
other DMX products ? If not, take the controller in for repair. If so, take the DMX cable and the light
effect to a qualified technician.
See next page for more problem solving.