- 81 -
• Install the appliance as far away as possible
from radios and televisions. The operation of
the microwave oven can cause malfunctions of
radio and televsision reception.
Do not install the microwave above a cooker or any
other appliance generating heat. Installation at such
a location could cause damage to the appliance
and thereby a subsequent lapse of the warranty
Preparing the appliance
• Remove the packaging material and the pro-
tective film applied to the panel and the door
opener button 2.
Do not remove the light grey flimmer
cover plate, which is mounted in the
cooking compartment to protect the
• Insert the plug into a mains power socket. Use a
230 -240 V, 50 Hz, mains power socket with a
16 A fuse. We recommend that the microwave
is powered by its own mains circuit. If you are
unsure about how to connect the microwave
oven, consult a specialist.
Before the first regular usage of the microwave oven
the appliance must be heated up to remove any re-
maining production residues.
Once you have plugged the plug into the socket,
open the microwave door once by pressing the
Door opener button 2.
Switch the appliance on in grill operating mode
without foods and without accessories (turntable 3
and grill stands t):
• Press the Grill button 7 . "Gr 1" will
appear in the display.
• Turn the rotary knob r , as far as "Gr 3"
and the and symbols appear in the
display, then confirm the selection by pressing
the Start/quick start button r .
• Use the rotary knob r to set a cooking
time of 10 minutes.
• Press the Start/quick start button r to
start the grill process.
Light smoke generation and a slight smell can occur
on first usage, this is due to production residues.
These are not harmful. Provide sufficient ventilation.
For example, open a window.
• After 10 minutes the appliance will switch itself
off automatically. Wait until it has cooled down
• Remove the plug from the mains power socket
then, after cleaning the appliance with a moist
cloth, dry it carefully.
Place the turntable 3 inside
• Place the turntable 3 centrally over the axle in
the cooking compartment. Ensure that it slides
completely onto the axle and is firmly seated.
Setting the Clock
After inserting the mains plug into the socket, open
the microwave door once. The display 1 shows
1. Press the Clock button q . "Hr 12" appears
in the display 1.