3. Before and while backing, look behind and
down for small children.
4. Never carry children, even with the blade(s)
shut off. They may fall off and be seriously
injured or interfere with safe machine
operation. Children who have been given rides
in the past may suddenly appear in the mowing
area for another ride and be run over or backed
over by the machine.
5. Never allow children to operate the machine.
6. Use extreme care when approaching blind
corners, shrubs, trees, or other objects that may
block your view of a child.
1. Tow only with a machine that has a hitch
designed for towing. Do not attach towed
equipment except at hitch point.
2. Follow the manufacturer´s recommendation
for weight limits for towed equipment and
towing on slopes.
3. Never allow children or others in or on towed
4. On slopes, the weight of the towed equipment
may cause loss of traction and loss of control.
5. Travel slowly and allow extra distance to stop.
1.5.1 Safe handling of gasoline
To avoid personal injury or property damage, use
extreme care in handling gasoline. Gasoline is
extremely flammable and the vapors are explosive.
1. Extinguish all cigarettes, cigars, pipes, and
other sources of ignition.
2. Use only an approved gasoline container.
3. Never remove gas cap or add fuel with the
engine running. Allow engine to cool before
4. Never fuel the machine indoors.
5. Never store the machine or fuel container
where there is an open flame, spark, or pilot
light such as on a water heater or other
6. Never fill containers inside a vehicle or on a
truck or trailer bed with a plastic liner. Always
place containers on the ground away from your
vehicle before filling.
7. Remove gas-powered equipment from the
truck or trailer and refuel it on the ground. If
this is not possible, then refuel such equipment
with a portable container, rather than from a
gasoline dispenser nozzle.
8. Keep the nozzle in contact with the rim of the
fuel tank or container opening at all times until
the fueling is complete. Do not use a nozzle
9. If fuel is spilled on clothing, change clothing
10. Never overfill fuel tank. Replace gas cap and
1.5.2 General service
1. Never operate machine in closed area.
2. Keep all nuts and bolts tight to be sure the
equipment is in safe working condition.
3. Never tamper with safety devices. Check their
proper operation regularly.
4. Keep machine free of grass, leaves, or other
debris build-up. Clean up oil or fuel spillage
and remove any fuel-soaked debris. Allow
machine to cool before storing.
5. If you strike a foreign object, stop and inspect
the machine. Repair, if necessary, before
6. Never make any adjustments or repairs with
the engine running.
7. Check grass catcher components and the
discharge guard frequently and replace with
manufacturer´s recommended parts, when
8. Mover blades are sharp. Wrap the blade or
wear gloves, and use extra caution when
9. Check brake operation frequently. Adjust and
service as required.
10. Maintain or replace safety and instruction
labels, as necessary.