6 LED indications
Is lit if the unit is connected to the network and field strength
Appropriate field strength: 2 (on the scale of 0-5)
GSM / SIM ERROR
Is lit continuously if the unit is not connected to the network.
The following cases are possible:
- the GSM antenna is not connected or is faulty
- the SIM card is not inserted, or PIN code request is not
deactivated, or the card is faulty.
CALL IN PROGRESS
green Call or conversation is in progress.
red Voltage output activated (e.g. electric lock control)
red Relay output activated (e.g. gate control)
• Measure the GSM signal with your mobile phone. It may happen that in the desired place of
installation the signal strength is not satisfactory. In this case you can move the unit or the
GSM antenna in a more suitable place before installation.
• Do not mount the unit where it could be affected by strong electromagnetic disturbances.
• Do not mount the unit in wet places or in places with a high degree of humidity.
• Connecting the antenna: the GSM antenna can be connected to the SMA connector. The
antenna supplied with the unit provides good transmission under normal reception
circumstances. In case of having signal strength problems or/and wave interference (fading),
use other type of antenna or find a more suitable place for the unit.
• Inserting the SIM card: turn the SIM card with the metallic contact surface downwards
towards the panel, and the cut corner should point towards the panel’s center. Insert the
card in this position in the socket and press until it clicks. To remove the SIM card, push it
towards the socket then pull it out.
7.2 Putting into operation
• Disable PIN code request, voicemail and missed call notification service on the SIM card.
• Enable caller identification and caller ID sending service on the SIM card at the GSM service
• Make sure the SIM card is inserted properly into its socket.
• Make sure the antenna is fixed properly into the SMA connector.
• Make sure the wiring is done as shown in the wiring diagram.
• Power up the unit (12-24V AC/ DC). Make sure the power supply is sufficient for the
operation of the unit. If operating from a 16V AC transformer, the necessary current is min.