DT ISTR_6541091_04/21 14/60
12. The LP tank should be turned off when the heater is not in use.
13. Check the heater immediately if any of the following exist:
− The heater does not reach temperature.
− The burner makes popping noise during use (a slight noise is normal when the burner is extinguished)
− Smell of gas in conjunction with extreme yellow tipping of the burner flames.
14. The LP regulator/hose assembly must be located out of pathways where people may trip over or in area
where the hose will not subject to accidental damage.
15. Any guard or other protective device removed fro servicing the heater must be replaced before operating
16. Adults and children should stay away from high temperature surface to avoid burns or clothing ignition.
17. Children should be carefully supervised when they are in the area of the heater.
18. Clothing or other flammable materials should not be hung on the heater or placed on or near the heater.
19. Check that the regulator seal is fitted and that it is in good conditions.
20. Always turn off completely your appliance each time you use it.
21. Close the gas supply at the valve of the gas cylinder or the regulator after use.
22. Do not connect the gas cylinder directly to the appliance without regulator.
Read the instruction before installation.
1. Use only the type of gas and the type of cylinder specified in these instructions.
2. The appliance can be used with butane or propane gas cylinders having a maximum capacity of 13 kg.
3. Replace the gas bottle in a well-ventilated area, away from flames and heat sources (candles, cigarettes,
other flame appliances).
4. The pressure regulator and hose assembly to be used must conform to local standard code.
5. 1,5 m flexible hose in accordance with EN 16436-1. We recommend frequency of checking the flexible
hose (at least once per month and each time the cylinder s changed). If it shows signs of cracking,
splitting or other deteriorations it shall be exchanged for new hose of the same length and of equivalent
quality. The flexible hose must be changed within the prescribed intervals.
6. Use only original spare part.
7. The installation must conform to local codes, or in absence of local codes, with the standard for the
storage and handling of liquid petroleum gases.
8. The gas cylinder must be stored in accordance with the regulations in force.
9. A dented, rusted or damaged gas cylinder may be hazardous and should be checked by your tank
supplier. Never use a propane tank with a damage valve connection.
10. The gas cylinder must be arranged to provide for vapour withdrawal from the operating cylinder.
11. Never connect an unregulated gas cylinder to the heater.
Gas connections on the heater are leak tested at the factory prior the shipment. A complete gas tightness
check must be preformed at the installation site due to possible miss handling in shipment or excessive
pressure being applied to the heater. Check the tightness of the connection. The whole gas system, hose
regulator, pilot or burner should be inspected for leaks or damage before use.
Do not use the heater until all connections have been leak tested. Turn off immediately the gas valve if smell
of gas is detected.
In event of gas leakage, the appliance shall not be used or if alight, the gas supply shall be shut off and the
appliance shall be investigated and rectified before it is used again.
All leak tests should be done with a soap solution or with our article 1726 Revel Gas. Never use an open
flame to check for leaks.
1. Make a soap solution of one-part liquid detergent and one-part water. The soap solution can be applied
with a spray bottle, brush or rag. Soap bubbles will appear where a leak is present.
2. The heater must be checked with a full cylinder.
3. Make sure the safety valve is in the OFF position
4. Turn the gas supply ON.
5. Apply the solution of soapy water or our item 1726 Revel Gas on the hose and on all the connections.
6. If bubbles appear, it means that there is a leak and that it has to be repaired before use.
7. In case of gas leak, immediately close the valve of the gas cylinder. Tighten any leaking fittings,
then turn the gas supply on and re-check.
8. In case the leak is detected and if it is not possible to repair it, do not try to fix it using another method.
Instead, contact the support service.
9. After having done the test, close the supply of gas to the cylinder.
10. Never leak test while smoking.
CLEANING AND CARE
• Wipe off powder coated surfaces with soft, moist rag. For lacquer surfaces, use suitable cleaners. Do not
clean heater with cleaners that are combustible or corrosive.
• Remove debris from the burner to keep it clean and safe for use.