7. Volume knob - Rotate clockwise to increase volume.
- Rotate counter-clockwise to decrease volume.
Features at the back:
8. AUX in - Input socket for connection of audio. sources, i.e.
MP3 Player, iPod, CD Player or TV.
9. Headphone out - Socket for connection of separate headphone.
This will mute the primary speaker.
10. AC/DC input - For plug-in of power adaptor (included) and con-
nection to power source for AC operation or bat-
11. FM antenna - Adjust the length of the telescopic antenna and
rotate until the best FM reception has been
achieved. This adjustment does not affect the AM
reception. The AM antenna has been built-in to
the radio and for the best reception of this band
area just rotate the unit. Keep the FM antenna re-
tracted in its locked position when not being used
to avoid damage.
12. Battery compartment - For installation of rechargeable batteries.
For AC operation plug in the power adaptor into the AC/DC input socket at
the back of the unit and then connect to AC main socket (AC 230V-50Hz).
Prior to battery operation make sure that battery has been fully charged.
Disconnect the power adaptor from main socket when not using the unit.
1. Switch on the unit by turning the Mode Switch to FM or AM.
2. Now the orange backlight at the Frequency Window will glow.
3. Adjust to the desired station in the selected band by rotating the Fre-
quency Tuner to the frequency and fine tune to best reception.
4. Adjust the volume to the desired level.
5. Turn the Mode Switch to OFF to switch of the unit.
This unit has built-in rechargeable battery.
Normal battery charge (Radio switched off):
Turn the Mode Switch to CHARGE.
Plug in the power adaptor into the AC/DC input socket at the back of the unit
and then connect to AC main socket (AC 230V-50Hz).