Congratulations on your new radio. Please take a moment to read this manual. Enjoy
Safety instructions Please store this instruction manual for future reference. • Place the unit on a solid surface
Unplug the radio in following cases:
• Do not expose Scansonic R2 to high humidity, direct sunlight, dirt, heavy vibration or extreme temperatures.
• Foreign objects or liquids has penetrated the radio
• Do not open the cabinet. Only qualified technicians are allowed to clean this Scansonic radios internal parts.
• The radio cannot be operated properly.
• If service or repair is required, this must also be done be qualified technicians. • Use a duster or a slightly damp, soft and non-fluffy rag to clean the cabinet. Do not use corrosive or strong cleaning agents.
• The cabinet has be damaged. • The mains plug or the mains cable is defective. • If the radio is not to be used for a long time.
• Make sure no liquids or moisture penetrates the radio during the cleaning. Unplug the radio before cleaning it.
Disclaimer Despite our best efforts we cannot guarantee that the technical data indicated are correct, complete and updated. We, Scansonic, reserve the right to make technical changes without notice.
01OFF / FM / AM / AUX: Turn the knob one click to the right to select the FM band, two clicks to the right to select the AM band, three clicks to the right to select the AUX input. Turn the knob to OFF position to turn off the radio. The radio will power on once FM or AM or AUX mode selected and the blue illumination ring will be lit to indicate the power-on status. If you turn the knob to the OFF position, the radio will power off and the blue illumination ring will be turned off. 02VOLUME CONTROL: Turn the volume knob to the right to increase the volume or to the left to decrease the volume of the full range speaker. 03TUNING INDICATOR: The tuning indicator will appear brightest when the best tuning has been achieved. 04TUNING KNOB: Turn the tuning knob to the right or to the left to change the frequency range. 05FREQUENCY SCALE: Shows both the AM and the FM frequency of the tuned channel.
01BASS REFLEX PORT TUBE: Bass reflex port tube for better sound quality. 0212v DC: Use this input to connect the Scansonic R2 DC power supply. 03HEADPHONES: Connect a separate stereoheadset to this connector to listen to the Scansonic R2 with a headset. Inserting a headset will turn off the main speaker. 04LINE OUT: Scansonic R2 can be used as a separate stereotuner by connecting it from the line out to an stereoamplifier. Use 3.5mm jack to connect radio to amplifier. 05AUX IN: Connect a stereo or mono audio source ( like iPod, MP3-player, TV or CD-player) to this stereo input. Use 3.5mm jack to connect devices to the radio. 06KENSINGTON LOCK: Once you lock the radio, all functions will be disabled, which is used for theft protection. 07EXTERNAL ANTENNA: The Scansonic R2 comes with a telescope antenna. To improve FM reception, adjust the antenna for best reception. The telescope antenna can be detached (tool included in giftbox) so a 75-ohm coaxial cable or outdoor antenna can be connected to this connector.