food thermometer BP2F
Transport and storage
If you store or transport the device improperly, the
device may be damaged.
Note the information regarding transport and storage of
When transporting the device, ensure dry conditions and and
protect the device from external influences e.g. by using a
When the device is not being used, observe the following
• dry and protected from frost and heat
• protected from dust and direct sunlight
• The storage temperature is the same as the range given in
the Technical data chapter.
• Remove the batteries from the device.
Make sure that the surface of the device is dry and the
device is switched off.
Inserting the battery
1. Remove the screw from the battery compartment.
2. Remove the cover from the battery compartment.
3. Insert the batteries with correct polarity.
4. Reattach the cover to the battery compartment.
5. Fasten the battery compartment cover with the screw.
Note that moving from a cold area to a warm area can lead to
condensation forming on the device's circuit board. This
physical and unavoidable effect can falsify the measurement. In
this case, the display shows either no measured values or they
are incorrect. Wait a few minutes until the device has become
adjusted to the changed conditions before carrying out a
Temperature measurement with infrared sensor
Vapours and smoke can influence the measurement.
Ensure that the surface to be measured is free of dust,
dirt, ice or similar substances.
To be able to gain exact measurement results on
surfaces which reflect heavily, stick matt masking tape
to the surface or apply matt black paint with a very
high and known degree of emission.
Note the 4:1 ratio of the distance to the measuring spot
diameter. The larger the distance to the object, the
larger the measuring spot diameter and hence, the less
precise the measured result.
1. Point the device at the object to be measured and hold
down the Scan button(4).
ðThe currently measured value is indicated.
ðThe IR measurement indication flashes.
ðThe IR temperature indication appears on the display.
2. Let go of the Scan button(4) to terminate the
ðThe most recent measured value is frozen and indicated
on the display for approx.7s.
ðThe Hold indication is shown on the display.
ðThe IR measurement indication disappears.