Headrest adjuster (KING II ATS/LS)
Lower belt guide
Upper belt guide Seat base
Indicator light (KING II LS)
Headrest adjuster (KING II) Adjusting button
Indicator light (KING II ATS)
User guide compartment
KING II / ATS / LS
9 kg - 18 kg
9 M ~ 4 Y
We are delighted that our
KING II / ATS / LS
can safely accompany your child
through a new stage in its life.
In order to protect your child correctly, the
KING II / ATS / LS
ways be used and installed as described in these instructions.
If you have any further questions regarding its use, please feel free to contact us:
T.: +49 (0) 8221 3670 -199
F.: +49 (0) 8221 3670 -210
1 Churchill Way West
Hampshire SP10 3UW
T.: +44 (0) 1264 333343
F.: +44 (0) 1264 334146
These instructions use the following symbols stated below:
Symbol Keyword Explanation
DANGER! Risk of severe personal injury
WARNING! Risk of minor personal injury
CAUTION! Risk of material damage
TIP: Useful notes
Instructions that follow a set sequence are numbered.
1. Press the button...
Belt guide colours
For better differentiation, the two vehicle seat
belts are highlighted in different colours. The di-
agonal seat belt 21 in dark red and the lap belt
22 in bright red. The colour of the belt guides
on the child safety seat follows the same colour
4. CARE AND MAINTENANCE
5. DISASSEMBLY AND DISPOSAL
1. PRODUCT OVERVIEW
Please observe the waste disposal regulations in your country..
Disposal of packaging Container for cardboard boxes
Seat cover Residual waste, thermal utilisation
Plastic parts According to the labelling in the
Metal parts Container for metals
Belt straps Container for polyester
Buckle and tongue Residual waste
Batteries Container for batteries
UNFASTENING YOUR CHILD:
1. To unfasten your child, press the red release button of the 5-Point harness
buckle 12 .
1. Unbuckle the vehicle belt buckle 20 and loosen the harness straps.
2. Unhook the diagonal belt section 21 from the upper belt guide 01 .
3. To open the shell: push one of the grey release buttons 03 and at the
same time pull the seat shell 02 as far forward as possible.
4. Remove the diagonal 21 and the lap belt sections 22 from the light red
lower belt guides 04 .
5. Hold the seat shell 02 with one hand while pulling the grey adjustment
lever 05 forward with the other hand.
6. To close the shell: tip the seat shell 02 against the seat base 06 over both
WARNING! To avoid injuries take your hand away from the grey adjust-
ment lever 05 , as soon as getting over the two engagement positions.
7. Push the seat shell 02 with both hands against the seat base 06 until it is
Child safety seat
Testing and certication
In accordance with ECE* R 44/04
*ECE = European Standard for Child Safety Equipment
Group Body weight
KING II / ATS / LS
I 9 to 18 kg
The child safety seat has been designed, tested and certied according to the re-
quirements of the European Standard for Child Safety Equipment (ECE R 44/04).
The seal of approval E (in a circle) and the approval number are located on the
orange approval label (sticker on the child safety seat).
DANGER! This approval will be invalidated if you make any modications to
the child safety seat. Only the manufacturer is permitted to make
modications to the child safety seat.
DANGER! Never secure your child or the child safety seat with a 2-point belt.
If you secure your child in the child seat with only a 2-point belt,
then in the event of an accident this may cause serious injuries to
your child, possibly resulting in death.
Please observe the instructions for using children’s restraining systems in the operating
instructions of your vehicle. The seat can only be used in vehicles with 3-point retractor safety-
Please nd the information on the seats approved for child safety seats of the weight classes 9 to
18 kg in the operating instructions of your vehicle.
You can use your child safety seat as follows:
In the direction of travel yes
Against the direction of travel no 1)
with 2-point belt no
with 3-point reractor safety belt2) yes
on front passenger seat yes 3)
on outer rear seat yes
on centre rear seat (with 3-point
1) Use is permitted on a rearward-facing vehicle seat (e.g. in a van or minibus) only
if the vehicle seat is also approved for use by adults. The seat may not be in the area of effect
of an airbag.
2) The seat is only compatible with 3-point retractor type safety-belts, approved to ECE Reg
No. 16 or other equivalent standards.
3) If there is a front airbag: Slide the vehicle seat a long way back and refer to any instructions
in vehicle owner’s manual.
4) Cannot be used if the vehicle seat is equipped with only a 2-point belt.
9 - 18 kg
Removing the cover
Loosen the harness straps as far as possible.
1. Open the harness buckle 12 (press red button).
2. Remove the cover of the headrest 09 .
3. Open the poppers 29 on the left and right side of the
rear part of the cover.
4. Unhook the elastic seam of the cover under the edge of
the seat shell.
TIP: Start at the sides of the seat shell.
5. Pull the cover up and over the bezel of the strap adjuster.
6. Feed out the harness buckle 12 and the end of the strap
from the cover.
7. Pull the cover upwards and remove it over the headrest
The cover can now be washed. Please observe the
instructions on the washing label of the cover:
Re-tting the cover
Proceed in reverse order to put on the cover.
Please ensure that you only use the original BRITAX RÖMER replacement seat
covers, as the seat cover is an integral part of the child safety seat and fulls im-
portant functions to ensure the smooth operation of the system. Replacement seat
covers are available from your dealer.
• The cover can be removed and washed using the delicates programme of the
washing machine (30°C). Please observe the instructions on the washing label
of the cover.
• The plastic parts can be cleaned with a damp cloth. Do not use any caustic
cleaning agents (such as solvents).
DANGER! The child seat must not be used without the seat cover.
Care for the harness buckle
It is vital for the safety of your child that the harness buckle works correctly. Malfunctions
of the harness buckle are usually caused by accumulations of dirt or foreign bodies.
Malfunctions include the following:
• The buckle latches are ejected only slowly when the red release button is pressed.
• The buckle latches will no longer lock home (i.e. they are ejected again if you try to push
• The buckle latches engage without an audible “click“.
• The buckle latches are difcult to insert (you feel resistance).
• The buckle only opens if extreme force is applied.
Remedy: wash out the harness buckle so that it functions properly once again.
Cleaning the harness buckle
1. Open the harness buckle 12 (press the red button).
2. Adjust the seat shell 02 to the upright seating
3. Open the Velcro fastener on the crotch pad 25 and
remove it and retain it.
4. Grasp below the seating area the metal plate 26
which keeps the buckle 12 at the seat base and
turn it into a vertical position.
5. Slide the metal plate 26 through the slot 27 .
6. Soak the harness buckle 12 in warm water with
dishwashing liquid for at least an hour.
7. Rinse and dry the harness buckle 12 thoroughly.
8. Slide the metal plate 26 edgewise through the slot
27 in the cover and the seat base.
9. Rotate the metal plate 26 90°
DANGER! Pull the harness buckle 12 rmly to ensure
that it is securely fastened.
10. Insert the crotch pad 25 through the slot 27 and
secure the Velcro fastener.
Cleaning the occupant sensor
1. Fold the lower part of the cover updwards.
2. Remove dirt and dust in the area of the occupant sensor
28 with a vacuum cleaner.
DANGER! The occupant sensor 28 must not come in
contact with water.