The disrespect of the instructions of use and maintenance may provoke serious risks for health, in particular that of the children. The safety of your children is left on your hand! The risk is the highest for children aged below 5. Be high alert all the time. Keep an eye on and practice the following instructions: - The children should be under close and constant supervision; - Designate one security responsible; - Strengthen supervision if there are several users in the pool; - Teach your children how to swim as soon as possible; - Wet the nape, chest and legs before entering the water; - Learn the safety gestures and especially the specifics to children; - Prohibit diving and jumping; - Prohibit running, splashing games around the pool; - Do not let an unattended child who does not swim use the pool with no life-jackets on; - Do not leave any players around and in the basin unattended; - Always keep the water treatment products out of reach of all children. - Prepare a telephone near the basin so as not to leave your children unattended when you are on phone; If an accident happened: - Take the child out the water as soon as possible; - Call for help at once and follow the instructions that you were given earlier; - Cover the drown persons with warm blankets Remember and put up a notice of the First Aid line phone numbers near the pool: - The fire department (18 in France); - SAMU (15 in France); - Antipoison center;
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS For your own safety and that of your product, make sure to following the safety precautions below. Fail to follow the instruction may result in serious injury, property damage or death. Improper installation or operation will void the warranty. Read, understand and follow all instructions: DANGER Risk of accidental drowning: - Extreme caution must be exercised to prevent unauthorized access by children. - Inspect the spa cover regularly for leak, premature wear and tear, damage or signs of deterioration. Never use a worn or damaged cover: it will not provide the level of protection required to prevent unsupervised access to the spa by a child. - Always lock the spa cover after each use. Risk of injury: If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard. Risk of Electric Shock: - Do not permit any electrical appliances, such as a light, telephone, radio or television within 1.5m (5 feet) of a spa tub. - Do not use the spa when it is raining, thundering or lightning.. WARNING To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not use an extension cord, timers, plug adapters or converter plugs to connect the unit to electric supply; provide a properly located outlet. The spa electrical appliance should be supplied through a residual current device (RCD) having a rated residual operating current not exceeding 10mA. Parts containing live parts, except parts supplied with safety extra-low voltage not exceeding 12V, must be inaccessible to occupants in the spa. Parts incorporating electrical components, except remote control devices, must be located or fixed so that they cannot fall into the spa. Residential electrical connection box must be located safely with a distance of at least 2m away from the spa. Electric installation should fulfill the local requirement or standards. This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision. To reduce the risk or injury, do not permit children use this product unless they are closely supervised all times. To reduce the risk of child drowning, supervise children all times. Attach and lock spa cover after each use. Make sure the floor is capable of supporting the expected load (≥ 500kg/m²). Adequate draining system must be provided around the spa to deal with overflow water. To avoid damage, do not left the appliance empty for an extended period. To avoid damage to the pump, the spa must never be operated unless the spa is filled with water. Immediately leave spa if uncomfortable or sleepy. To reduce the risk of injury : - Lower water temperatures are recommended for young children and when spa use exceeds 10 minutes. 22
In order to avoid the possibility of hyperthermia (heat stress) occurring it is recommended that the average temperature of spa-pool water should not exceed 40°C (104°F). - Since excessive water temperatures have a high potential for causing fetal damage during the early months of pregnancy, pregnant or possibly pregnant women should limit spa water temperatures to 38°C (100°F). - Before entering a spa or hot tub the user should measure the water temperature with an accurate thermometer since the tolerance of water temperature regulating devices varies.
- The use of alcohol, drugs or medication before or during spa use may lead to unconsciousness with the possibility or drowning. - The use of alcohol, drugs, or medication can greatly increase the risk of fatal hyperthermia in spas. The causes and symptoms of hyperthermia may be described as follows: Hyperthermia occurs when the internal temperature of body reaches a level several degrees above the normal body temperature 37°C (98.6°F). The symptoms of hyperthermia include an increase in the internal temperature of body, dizziness, lethargy, drowsiness, and fainting. The effect of hyperemia include failure to perceive heat; failure to recognize the need to exit spa; unawareness of impending hazard; fetal damage in pregnant women; physical inability to exit the spa; and unconsciousness resulting in the danger of drowning. - Obese persons or persons with a history of heart disease, low or high blood pressure, circulatory system problem, or diabetes should consult a physician before using a spa. - Persons using medication should consult a physician before using a spa since some medication may induce drowsiness while other medication may affect heart rate, blood pressure, and circulation. - Check with doctor before use if pregnant, diabetic, in poor health, or under medical care. People with infectious disease should not use a spa or hot tub. To avoid injury exercise care when entering or existing the spa or hot tub. Water temperature in excess of 42°C (108°F) may be injurious to your health. Never use a spa or hot tub alone or allow others to use the spa alone. Do not use a spa or hot tub immediately following strenuous exercise. The spa should not be setup or left out in temperature lower than 10°C (50°F). Do not put the spa under 0°C (32°F) environment in order to avoid freezing if there is still water in the pool. Do not turn on the spa when the water is frozen. Never pour water with a temperature higher than 40°C(104°F) into the spa directly. Always unplug this product from the electrical outlet before removing, cleaning, servicing or making any adjustment to the product. Never jump or dive into a spa or any shallow body of water. Do not bury the electrical cord. Locate the cord where it will not be damaged by lawn mowers, hedge trimmers and other equipment. Do not attempt to plug in or unplug this product while standing in water or when your hands are wet. Do not use the spa if damaged in delivery and/or malfunctioning in any way. Keep all pets away from the spa to avoid any damage. Do not add bath oil or bath salt to the spa water. Do not leave an empty pool outside. In order to avoid a hazard due to inadvertent resetting of the thermal cut-out, this appliance must not be supplied through an external switching device, such as a timer, or connected to a circuit that is regularly switched on and off by the utility. 23
This appliance is marked according to the European directive 2012/19/EU on Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE). This symbol indicates that this appliance may not be treated as household waste. Instead it shall be handed over to the applicable collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment. Disposal of the appliance shall be carried out in accordance with the local environment regulations for waste disposal.
The CE mark indicates that the product complies with European directives in relation to 2006/95/CE (low voltage), 2004/108/CE (Compliance with the Electromagnetic Compatibility), 2011/65/UE (restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment), 2009/125/CE (Ecodesign directive).
2. Package list 2.1. Package list Ensure to check all parts are present: EN
RCD Plug 10mA
Filter cartridge Airﬂow valve
Drainage cap Drain hose Inﬂating hose Filter sleeve
Pump unit connectors (x3)
In order to facilitate the installation and maintenance of your spa, an instruction DVD is included in this package. Our installation and maintenance videos are also available on our website www.netspa.eu.
The installation and maintenance instructions described in the following pages are also detailed on the DVD included. Our installation and maintenance videos are also available on our website www.netspa.eu.
3.1. Site selection WARNING : Before proceed to installation your spa, please make sure that the future location meets the following conditions : • A level place • Wide enough to support the pool and its pump unit. • Able to support more than 500 kg/m². • Sheltered from the sun and bad weather. • Clean and free from sharp objects.
A place with an awning
Clean the place
A level place
3.2. RCD test WARNING: The RCD plug must be tested before each use.. Do not use if RCD test fails and see chapter 6.1.
1. Insert the plug into the power outlet.
2. Press the «RESET» button, 3. Press the «TEST» button, the indicator light turns red. the indicator light turns off.
4. Press the «RESET» button, the indicator light turns red. The RCD works properly.
4. Usage 4.1. Control panel Screen Temperature units indicator
Temperature units selector
4.2. Functions Once powered-up, the LED displays the current water temperature automatically. The temperature units selector changes the temperature units from Celsius degrees to Fahrenheit degrees. Press the temperature adjustment buttons, then the screen will flash. When it is flashing, you can set the desired temperature. The value will increase or decrease 1 degree at once. The temperature could be set between 30°C to 42°C (86°F to 107°F). To lock or unlock the control panel, press increase and decrease buttons at same time and hold 3 seconds. Lock the control panel when you are away to prevent other people come to change your settings.. Press the massage button to activate the bubble massage system, the green indicator light turns on. It can be turned off by pressing it again. Note : - The massage system will stop automatically after 30 minutes of operation. Re-activate the massage function by pressing the massage button again. - When filter button is on, pressing bubble button will exchange filter mode into massage mode: filter indicator light will turn off and massage indicator light turn on. If press the bubble button again, the massage mode will be changed back to filter mode.
Press the filter button to activate the water filtration. The green indicator light will turn on when the filtration system is activated. Note: - If massage function is on, the filtration can’t be activated. Press the heating button to activate water heating and filtering system at the same time. The green indicator light of filter and red indicator light of heating will turn on at same time The pump does not stop heating until the current water temperature reaches the set temperature; and the heating system will restart after the current water temperature drops 2°C below the set temperature automatically. Maximum heating temperature: 42°C (107°F)
Important : When the filtering system has worked 150 hours accumulatively, buzzing will warn to remind you to clean the filter, at the same time, the light of the filtering function will flash. You can hold the filtering button 5 seconds to turn off the buzzing. The filtering system will turn off, you can press the button to active the filtering system again. Note : - The heating system is dependent on the filtration system and it can operate without. - After turning off the heating system, the filtration system will still work. - If the massage function is active, the filtration and heating functions can be activated. 4.3. Pool cover and security After each use, the control panel must be locked and the pool must be coated with its top cover and it must be attached to the base protector with the safety buckles. Each safety buckles has a lock system ; closed buckle, the latch in up position locks the buckle, the latch in down position unlocks the buckle. The top cover keeps the heat from the water and secures the pool.
5. Maintenance 5.1. Water maintenance WARNING : A bad pool water quality can harm your health. Depending on the frequency and conditions of use: - The filter cartridge should be regularly cleaned (150 hours max.). - The filter cartridge should be replaced every 1 to 2 month. - The pool water should be changed every 15 to 30 days. Use a water test kit to control the parameters of the water before using the spa, or at least once a week. Use disinfection products for the spa. The treatment products should be used with caution and it is imperative to refer to their instructions. Damage resulting from improper use of treatment products is not covered by warranty (overdose, shock treatment, ...). 1. Water balance The water balance (pH) must be maintain between 7 and 7.4. 2. Water Sanitation To sanitize the pool water, we suggest using an active oxygen-based treatment or bromine placed in a floating dispenser. (Dispenser sold separately).
5.2. Cleaning and replacing filter cartridge Dirty filter cartridge may contaminate the pool water and cause damage to the heating function. 1. Unscrew the filter house lid by turning it counter-clockwise. Take out the filter cartridge from the cover. 2. Rinse off the filter cartridge with a garden hose. If the filter cartridge remains dirty and discoloured, the filter cartridge should be replaced. 3. Put back the cleaned filter cartridge on the pool .
5.3. Drainage and storage Drainage 1 Check the stopper on the bottom of the pool and the drain cap. 2 Unscrew the drain cap. 3 Connect the drainage hose. 4 Remove the stopper on the bottom of the pool. Completely drain all water from the spa pool. Once empty, the pool can be cleaned with soap and water.
Storage 5 Press the bubbling button to blow out the water inside the jet holes. Unplug the pump, remove the filter cartridge from the inner wall of the pool. 6 Use a towel to wipe off the pool, dry 24 hours. 7 Unscrew the valves to deflate the pool. 8 Fold the pool. It is recommended that store the SPA in its original package in a warm dry place.
5.4. Repair kit Little holes or puncture can be repaired with the repair kit included and glue reserved to pool liner. 1. Find the leak. 2. Thoroughly clean the area surrounding the leak. 3. Cut a piece of repair material in round shape, which should be larger than the damaged area. 4. Apply adhesive to the underneath side of the patch and around the area to be repaired. 5. Put the patch on the damaged area and press down firmly. Allow 12 hours for repair to dry. After patch has dried, apply glue around the edges for a complete seal (dry 4 hours).
6. Trouble shooting 6.1. Troubleshooting Here are some useful tips to help you to diagnose and rectify common sources of trouble. Problem
Control panel screen does not operate
Solution Power failure
Check power source
Call for service if it does not reset Temperature set is too low
SPA pump does not Filter Cartridge is dirty heat properly Too low water level
Bubble massage system does not work
Reset the RCD plug / Check if the wiring system is adapted to the power of the pump unit (1540W) Set to a higher temperature Clean or Replace the cartridge (see chapter 5.2) Fill water to minimum water level
Heating element defective
Call for service
Pump is overheating
Cut off the power and wait until the pump has cooled.
Auto shut-down feature (30min) is activated
Press the bubble button to reactivate
Malfunction of the pump unit
Call for service if it does not reset
Filter Cartridge is dirty
Clean or Replace the cartridge (see chapter 5.2)
Water filtration does Inlet and outlet blocked not work Air inside the pump Malfunction of the pump unit
Clean the inlet and outlet Fill water to minimum water level Call for service if it does not reset
Adaptor seal improperly
Replace the seal in the right position
Water leakage from pump body
Check the pump body, call for service
Spa pool is torn or punctured
Use provided repair kit (see chapter 5.4)
Insufficient filtering time
Increase the filtering time
Filter Cartridge is dirty
Clean or Replace the cartridge (see chapter 5.2)
Pool filled water quality
Change the pool water completely
Improper water treatment
Refer to the chemical manufacturer’s instructions
Spa pool leakage
Water is not clean
IMPORTANT Do not return the product to the store Contact your local after sales service on www.netspa.eu or POOLSTAR FRANCE ZA Les pielettes - 13740 LE ROVE - FRANCE
6.2. Return procedure In case of malfunction, please contact the customer service center NetSpa by connecting to the following address: http://support.netspa.eu After verifying your information, and an online diagnosis of your spa one of our representatives will contact you to provide you indicated the procedure. If necessary, we will ask you to return the pump unit of your spa for a complete diagnosis and repair.
The procedure described below is also detailed on the DVD included.
1) Disconnect the spa
2) Do not empty the pool by screwing the caps inside the pool
3) Unscrew the three connectors from the pump unit.
4) Empty the remaining water within the pump unit.
5) Pack appropriately the pump unit in its original packaging including your return authorization.
6) Ship the pump unit.
7) After a complete diagnosis in our center, you will receive the replacement pump unit.
8) Connect the unit pump to the pool using the 3 connectors to screw. Ensure the icons on the pump and the pool match up
9) Unscrew the caps inside the pool. Your spa is ready to be used.
7. WARRANTY 7.1. Warranty NetSpa products have been inspected and found free of defects prior to leaving the factory. NetSpa warrants this product against defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year. The warranty period begins on the date of purchase and NetSpa requires presentation of the original proof to purchase to ascertain the date. During the warranty period, NetSpa will either repair or replace, at its discretion, any defective products. Replacement products or repaired parts will be warranted for only the unexpired portion of the original warranty. Shipping cost policy The return of defect parts to the authorized service center is at the charge of the owner. On warranty period, the return is at the charge of service center. Warranty policy ● This limited warranty does not apply to any defect resulting from negligence, accident, misuse, or other reason beyond NetSpa’s reasonable control, included but not limited to: normal wear and tear, negligence or failure to follow the product instructions, improper or inadequate maintenance; connection to improper power supply; chemical water damage, loss of pool water, unauthorized product modification or repair; use for commercial purpose; fire, lightening, flood or other external causes. ● This warranty is valid only in the country of purchase in such countries where NetSpa sells and services the same model with identical technical specifications. ● Warranty service outside the country of purchase is limited to the terms and conditions of the corresponding warranty in the country of service. Where the cost of repairs or replacement is not covered by this warranty, NetSpa will advise the owners and the cost shall be charged to the owner. ● This warranty only applies to the original purchaser and terminates upon any transfer of ownership. ● All repairs of which warranty claims are made must be pre-authorized by a NetSpa service center. ● All the authorized selling dealer is responsible for all in-field service work carried out on your NetSpa product. NetSpa will not be liable for results of cost of workmanship from unauthorized service person. Warranty registration To validate your warranty, please register your product on our website NetSpa www.netspa. eu. It is essential that all informations including customer name, date of purchase, serial number, spa model are indicated. Without these informations the warranty will be invalid.