• Always dry a full load: depending on the type of laundry and the programme/drying time. For
detailed information, refer to the separate Quick Reference Guide.
• Use the maximum spin speed allowed by your washing machine, since draining the water
mechanically requires less energy. You will save time and energy when running your drying cycle.
• Do not overdry the laundry.
• Clean the door filter after every drying cycle.
• Clean the bottom filter after every fifth drying cycle.
• Place your dryer in a room with a temperature between 15 °C and 20 °C. In case of higher
temperature, ventilate the room, e.g. open the window.
• Always select the correct programme/ drying time for the load in order to obtain the desired drying
• Select the gentle option only with small loads.
• When drying cotton, dry iron dry and cupboard dry loads together. Start with the iron dry
programme/drying time setting, remove the laundry to be ironed at the end of that cycle and dry
the remainder of the load on the cupboard dry setting.
If a fault occurs, before contacting our After-Sales Service, perform the following checks to try to
remedy the problem:
Drying takes too long / laundry is not dry enough:
• Correct programme selected?
• Inserted laundry too wet (Washing machine spin speed less than 800 rpm? When the spinning
speed is less than 800 rpm the water container fault may occur during the drying cycle)?
• Door filter clogged (filter indicator lamp on)?
• Heat exchanger clogged? (refer to the sections “CLEANING THE LINT FILTER/CLEANING THE HEAT
• Is the ambient temperature too high?
• END indicator lamps on? The drying cycle is complete and the laundry can be taken out.
• ‘Gentle’ option selected? The ‘gentle’ option should only be selected with small loads.
• Mixed laundry load (for example cotton and synthetics)?
The dryer does not operate:
(after a power failure and/or interruption to the mains supply, always press the Start/Pause button).
• Dryer automatically switched off for energy saving? See paragraph “Automatic switch-off function”.
• Plug connector properly inserted into the mains electricity socket?
• Power failure?
• Door properly closed?
• Drying programme selected?
• Start delay option selected?
• Start/Pause button activated?
• Indicator lamps are lighting up?
TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE/AFTER-SALES SERVICE