Owner's Manual 9
• This appliance must be properly grounded.
To minimize the risk of electric shock, you must alway plug into a grounded oulet.
• Do not cut or remove the grounding prong from the power plug.
• Attaching the adapter ground terminal to the wall receptacle cover screw does not ground the appliance
unless the cover screw is metal and not insulated, and the wall receptacle is grounded through the
• If you have any doubt whether the air conditioner is properly grounded, have the wall receptacle and
circuit checked by a qualified electrician.
We strongly discourage the use of an adapter due to potential safety hazards. For temporary connections,
use only a UL-listed adapter, available from most local hardware stores. Ensure that the large slot in the
adapter is aligned with the large slot in the receptacle for a proper polarity connection.
To disconnect the power cord from the adapter, use one hand on each to avoid damaging the ground
terminal. Avoid frequently unplugging the power cord as this can lead to eventual ground terminal damage.
• Never use the appliance with a broken adapter.
We strongly discourage the use of an extension cord due to potential safety hazards. For temporary
situations, use only CSA certified and UL listed 3-wire grounded extension cords, rated 15 A, 125 V.
Temporary Use of an Adapter
Temporary Use of an Extension Cord
• The Power cord connected to the unit should be selected according to the following specifications .